• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone take part in Geocaching?

GetDiggin

Forum Supporter
I have been thinking about trying out GeoCaching, was just wondering if anyone does it. I am a GeoCache Newbie, so I do not know much about it. What exactly is it that is out there? is it all random? It seems like it would be fun though, just wondering how many people here actually take part in it, and are there a lot of sites? only one I know of is geocaching.com, I am pretty sure there are other "Treasure Hunt" Type pages but wondering how many GPS hunt pages there are

HH,
GetDiggin

btw if your not sure what I am talking about, you can watch this real quick

Yep. Been doing it for many years but have taken the last few years off. A great deal of geocaching takes the summer off due to huge growth in the woods where most larger caches are. I only own one geocache now and I recently had to archive it until I can replace the container. What is in a geocache? It can be anything except food. I've found everything from small trinkets to webcams to cold hard cash. You never know what will be there.

I suupose what kept me interested was TravelBugs. I loved to move a few around and even had a few of my own out there. One of mine went from Illinois to Sydney, Australia only to go missing in Canada on the way back. Other bugs got lost after the first move by another user.

Mostly I stopped geocaching due to draconian geocaching laws with our local parks and forest preserves. Couple that with the current gas prices and it makes the hobby/activity a little pricey.

I might get back into it some other time though. Still have my Garmin Legend color sitting in the car. :yes:

Yup former cacher here about 8 years just retired myself after 3,000 finds it was fun meet a bunch of great people and had fun times been to a few states and enjoyed it very much now this hobby is very addicting love the fact you never know what your going to dig or scoop up I plan on sticking with this one until I retire again lol good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom