It's cold here! But the ground isn't frozen yet.

CallMeGrey

Forum Supporter
Since this is my first year detecting, I was planning out putting my equipment away when it got cold. But a combination of seeing other's post their finds because the "ground wasn't frozen yet", and finding good potential permissions doing some research, I'm still out there.

Went to a new permission twice this week - an old 1890's farm house. I go in with visions of great potential and those hopes are hard to give up. So far in about 4 hours detecting I've found a clad quarter, clad dime, and 8 Lincoln memorials. But I also found my 2 oldest wheat pennies - 1910 and 1913.

How do you all decide when to move on from a site? I feel this place still has 'potential' based on the 2 wheats, but I also haven't found any silver.

(BTW, been in the 20's and 30's here lately - I go out when it gets in the 30's :lol: )

Attachments

• 1910Wheat.jpg
    1910Wheat.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 1913Wheat.jpg
    1913Wheat.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 121
Congratulations on the early Wheaties. Giving up on sites has always been hard for me as I always have that feeling that there is still something out there for me to find.

Grey, being you are from Wisconsin its already apparent your a hearty soul. That said even when the grassy areas are frozen the woods are a great alternative. Congrats on the wheats and the saying goes where there is wheat there is silver and in my case I find this to be true in most instances. Good luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom