• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Workmans comp claim experience

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
Looking for some input about workmans comp claims. Been working since I was 12 and never filed a claim so I have no experience on what to expect.

Here's the deal.

I fell and broke my hip in July of last year at work. Had surgery and a Rod & Pin put in. It was all paid for by Workmans comp. I was told I would be offered a settlement at the end to keep me from being able to come back later for more clams. I was sent to a workmans comp Dr. and he gave me a 7% disability rating which I was told was very low but expected since he worked for workmans comp he would try and get me to settle for as little as possible, and I was advised to get a lawyer.

Got my lawyer and he has started his "counter offer" but I've noticed mt job seems to really be working hard to get me to quit. I've been told they don't dare fire me because I would automatically qualify for the highest rate and at my pay would be around $150,000 according to Kansas. I've been planning on retiring anyway but I've been told what ever I do don't quit or I'd forfeit my claim. Anyone know if that is true? I've been a model employee for 23 years and since I filled my claim I have been written up and have a administrative personal claim I've been telling physicians the hospital is going to crash when I quit. And a few other things that gives me the impression they're trying to get me to quit.

The most I have ever said to anyone, physician or not, when asked what is the hospital going to do when you are gone, is I don't know. As in how would I know since I will be gone. They are trying to make it sound like I'm saying the hospital will not be able to function.

Question is, is quitting a bad idea until the settlement or not?

Thanks

I'm sure it varies from state to state. In NY it varies from job to job. The best thing you did was get a comp lawyer. I retired from a job that had a history of employee injuries, ( it was just the nature of the job), comp payments and settlements were totally different from my friend who worked for the school district.

Back
Top Bottom