Brooch of some kind.

DiggingThePNW

Forum Supporter
I know this is a stretch but any idea on age?

F3679009-A9CE-4419-AC96-4F5140640B9E.jpeg

Not even sure if it qualifies as a brooch. The top seems to clip on to a person.

Nice find !! Have no idea about the age but it looks like it's been in the ground for a while. From the picture the stone looks like a Topaz.

I have no idea what the stone is. It appears like there is tiny gold flakes like in Goldschläger or something but doubt it’s real gold.

Tie clip maybe, there are a variety of yellow stones, citrine possibly

I know this is a stretch but any idea on age?

Not even sure if it qualifies as a brooch. The top seems to clip on to a person.

If stone is real looks like Amber... someone mentioned a tie clasp I would tend to agree.

Tap the stone lightly against your front teeth. If it clicks, like glass, it is either citrine or topaz or similar. If it thuds like plastic, it's either amber or plastic. :)

sage(Brush three times a day)Grouse

This is a long shot, but could it be used to hold a sash? Like the silver one on this Scottish Piper Outfit?

Attachments

• Are-Bagpipes-Irish-or-Scottish-1140x445.jpg
    Are-Bagpipes-Irish-or-Scottish-1140x445.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 232
Tap the stone lightly against your front teeth. If it clicks, like glass, it is either citrine or topaz or similar. If it thuds like plastic, it's either amber or plastic. :)

sage(Brush three times a day)Grouse

It clicks. I may take it to a jeweler this week and let ya all know.

The stone looks like amber to me. It's not unusual for amber to have that crinkly look due to inclusions.

I know so lil about gemstones. Wish I knew more. Since it appears to have a few possibilities I will take it in. Now I have a few ideas from you guys thank you

Back
Top Bottom