• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sand shark ring find

liquidshredda

Found this ring in the wet sand with the sand shark says 925 and 14k therefore it must have a little bit of gold in areas I’ve tried cleaning the black off with no success I’ve tried toothpaste tried I’ve tried backing sids and vinegar nothing is working. Anybody know how to turn this silver ring back silver? Also anybody know what kinda stone this could be ?
8919b204f5a171e870bb981c9f5b26b5.jpg
e83c17d8493501d9a0a12309b864673d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a Blue Topaz stone? Take it into a Jeweler and get an ID on it, and ask about the value or whatever other questions you may have......Its generally free...Just so you know...Nice Find!

Way i do mine is wrap in aluminum foil, then drop in vinegar and let set a while. Then take it out and rub with baking soda. Then polish with mothers mag and aluminum polish. If the silver is pitted you will have to learn how to use fine sandpaper to knock the roughness off. Then polish with mothers mag polish. I have done hundreds of rings from the ocean this way. But the gold you will likely lose some or all of it if its thin. Not that it matters if you want it to look purty.

Way i do mine is wrap in aluminum foil, then drop in vinegar and let set a while. Then take it out and rub with baking soda. Then polish with mothers mag and aluminum polish. If the silver is pitted you will have to learn how to use fine sandpaper to knock the roughness off. Then polish with mothers mag polish. I have done hundreds of rings from the ocean this way. But the gold you will likely lose some or all of it if its thin. Not that it matters if you want it to look purty.

Thanks I’ll try this

That's a very nice looking ring - congrats!

Thanks Felix. I’m in Florida gulf coast so I guess the hurricane stirred it up. Can’t wait to go on a super low tide

find it all. I'll be at Panama City Beach on 1/11/19 for a month before moving to St Augustine for a month and then...…….

find it all. I'll be at Panama City Beach on 1/11/19 for a month before moving to St Augustine for a month and then...…….

I’m about 80 miles east of pc in a little town called apalachicola. Got 4 beaches I can hunt within driving distance Hope you score

I’m about 80 miles east of pc in a little town called apalachicola. Got 4 beaches I can hunt within driving distance Hope you score

We usually visit Apalachicola 2 - 4 times while we are in PCB. Lunch and shopping trips for my wife and I'm her driver. It is an "old FL" type of small town. Reminds me of Homestead AFB in the 1960s just a little.

Back
Top Bottom