A forking good hunt...silvers #91-#95

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Iron Beach is pretty much hunted out until another storm with the right wind/waves and tide moves some sand around, so this morning I took the Sword and went to another old beach that's produced in the past and, after walking too far and finding nothing:lol: on the way back, I came across a spot on the slope that was ground down pretty well and I spent a couple hours there until the tide came up...the scrap...a couple twisted forks, tubing from a gas lamp, 96 cents in clad, some beach glass and the usual junk metal...keepers...junk ring, 3 wheats, 5 silvers, a vintage CT dog tax tag for the collection and a very cool brass bird that I thought was just another piece of green brass scrap until I rubbed it with some wet sand... 2 Mercs, 2 Rosies and a GW... silvers #91-#95... The slope wasn't crusted over with frost this time but it was still cold. Don't feel it when I'm finding decent targets though. Only need 5 silvers now for the 8th straight season with at least 100...6 weeks ago it looked like a impossible mountain to climb but with a lot of effort and a bit of luck I'm almost there again. That's all for this outing so as always...thanks for looking, see you after the next and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
You'll get to 100, no prob. With the hunts you are having it shouldn't be a problem. Congrats on the five silver and the rest of the finds.

Congrats on those silvers and looking forward to your hitting 100 Bruce! Question - do those old dog tags have any value?

Awesome hunt Bruce, wouldnt be surprised if you hit 100 on your next hunt at this rate. I'm completely locked out up here, even the woods are frozen :roll: ill be rooting for ya man!

This is not mission impossible Bruce. I have all the confidence of you succeeding the century mark. Congrats on making the change that was needed to add another five to the count. That Brass Bird is neat. Trapper

Man, those are some nasty forks - back scratchers? toothpickers? sissy fighting tools? Anyway, nice hunt and congratulations on the silvers. You'll hit the century mark I'm sure, provided that the beach doesn't freeze up first. :snowing::cold: Good luck!!

Man, those are some nasty forks - back scratchers? toothpickers? sissy fighting tools? Anyway, nice hunt and congratulations on the silvers. You'll hit the century mark I'm sure, provided that the beach doesn't freeze up first. :snowing::cold: Good luck!!

Maybe the water or mud is so nasty it bends the forks, lol.

Congrats on the new found silver

have to say that that bottom fork is AWESOME !! it is actually a work of Art and I LOVE it. Imagine the Size of the spaghetti ball you could twirl on that one .. just saying.. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom