Favorite areas on in the tot-lot

dirt dick

Elite Member
Either on a tot-lot or at public parks,
What or you favorite or best playground equipment
to hunt around or under ?

Swings, Slides, monkey bars/jungle gyms, merry go rounds,
I have had good luck near those merry go rounds.

While one person usually has to push to get the merry go round spinning,
the chances are good they may lose a ring.
And then the "riders" that may have some coins in their pockets,
that get pulled out, by the centrifugal force generated from getting spun.

What is your go to playground equipment? Post some pictures, maybe there are some others that are different ....?

I like everywhere you guys don't search..:lol: maybe out in the middle somewhere, but where I go to these parks, on the outside of the playground has scored me some nice finds, the outside 5 feet. Again most folks are hunting in and under all the play equipment.

Under the swings and those hanging tires are usually pretty productive places... and I hunt almost exclusively totlots and beach areas. The "merry-go-rounds" are great, but very few playgrounds around where I live have those, sadly.

I like everywhere you guys don't search..:lol: maybe out in the middle somewhere, but where I go to these parks, on the outside of the playground has scored me some nice finds, the outside 5 feet. Again most folks are hunting in and under all the play equipment.

Lol, you won't be able to find anything I've missed because I hunt everywhere. In the woodchips, the pavilions, the grassy areas, everywhere. Muhahaha! :p :lol:

Old churches. I over lay locations on google earth and hit ones closest to me than when I feel I've hunted it out (or I'm just terrible and can't find much[emoji23]) I move on to the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually start around the play equipment and work outward and leave a sweep mark in the chips with the coil so I know where Iv'e been. If I find a lot that's giving up lots of signals I'll grid the whole thing, sometimes returning the next day to finish.

Everyone checks around the toys. Try looking on the path from where the parents rest while the kids play, whether it's a bench, the raised edge of the totlot or a grassy area under a tree. I've found lots of coins, silver jewelry and a couple of gold in those areas. One totlot produced 100 coins and a gold earring on a 3 foot by 6 foot chip path from the seating area. That was fun!

Under the wooden castle.

I take a pp and found stuff you can not get a detector into. I do find the stuff you all miss. Second area is the wide open areas. Third spot is the edges.

So for my 420th post...

Net swings, tyre swings, hammock swings, regular swings...I like all types of swings. There's a net swing not far from us and 90% of the time I find $2+ underneath it.

And under monkey bars, (found a coin spill of four $2 coins under one before), and lots of other coin spills.

I worked the playground equipment and swings at an elementary school this past Friday. I found one cu penny in the wood chips. The swings are where I usually find the higher number of coins.

Hit the dirt around the basketball court and found the occasional coin. Lots of trash.

Wound up with $1.20 in clad and one 1952 roosie. I was quite surprised to find silver in that school yard.

Attachments

• DSC00882.JPG
    DSC00882.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom