• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Stupidity 101...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
"I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm just saying you've got bad luck when it comes to thinking."

Please feel free to add to this thread.
I am sure there are no shortage of examples.

Attachments

• stupidity_quote.jpg
    stupidity_quote.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,696
  • ebaafuusguxqtoxdjxpz.jpg
    ebaafuusguxqtoxdjxpz.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 996
  • knurv3ntjaf5cywl6px6.jpg
    knurv3ntjaf5cywl6px6.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,027
  • zvbb1tu1r0ug2l5xodkk (1).jpg
    zvbb1tu1r0ug2l5xodkk (1).jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,108
  • dlir30ba0gztqlzkmd9e.jpg
    dlir30ba0gztqlzkmd9e.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,053
  • f22-150630-road-success-no-shortcuts.jpg
    f22-150630-road-success-no-shortcuts.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,204
Last edited:
Bad luck, results from bad judgement.

Attachments

• 1076a20e-cd89-40bb-b730-916ca49428bf.jpg
    1076a20e-cd89-40bb-b730-916ca49428bf.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 923
  • 814fc53c9b9a6dd781b728f939226f2b.jpg
    814fc53c9b9a6dd781b728f939226f2b.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 987
I love this stuff, its all part of a 'self limiting' portion of the population.

ColoKid

GKL,

The second picture is IMPOSSIBLE and has been posted on Yahoo for a long time. It isn't real. There is absolutely NO WAY they would pave a bridge and paint white lines on it if it didn't meet. JUST WON'T HAPPEN.

I cringe when I see bad and improbable images as that one as well as improbable finds on here.

Well, I was just finding photos online that fit the thread topic, I also thought that photo was hard to believe :shock: :lol: but even if someone likely faked that pic it is still funny and they did a good job of even having the shadows in that pic look real, but it would be interesting to research and learn where that bridge is at.

This was just a fun thread, nothing serious, I even have doubts about the pic of the girl showing her credit card online, even the misspelled road marking photos might be faked, even though I believe those misspelled road markings could be for real :lol:

Well, I was just finding photos online that fit the thread topic, I also thought that photo was hard to believe :shock: :lol: but even if someone likely faked that pic it is still funny and they did a good job of even having the shadows in that pic look real, but it would be interesting to research and learn where that bridge is at.

This was just a fun thread, nothing serious, I even have doubts about the pic of the girl showing her credit card online, even the misspelled road marking photos might be faked, even though I believe those misspelled road markings could be for real :lol:

I wasn't picking on you. Sorry if that came across. I was just stating the obvious. I hated that picture the very first time I saw it on Yahoo because I know how gullible people can be.

I have seen the misspellings on the roads myself and I know those can be real. In Michigan they actually spelled school zone shcool zone.

I wasn't picking on you. Sorry if that came across. I was just stating the obvious. I hated that picture the very first time I saw it on Yahoo because I know how gullible people can be.

I have seen the misspellings on the roads myself and I know those can be real. In Michigan they actually spelled school zone shcool zone.

No problem, just responded since you had mentioned it, anyhow I did some research and a quote from a snopes page about that picture says -

".....NOAA's National Geodetic Survey explained that this image is actually an illustration created by the Zurich American Insurance Company and not a photograph of an actual bridge under construction:
The image of the broken bridge is an illustration, not a photograph. (A terrific illustration, at that!)....."
(end quote)

Now while searching for that info I saw a link to an article about an actual construction mistake, nothing as bad as that "illustration" portrayed though -

"CLEVELAND, Ohio — One of the large piers that will hold the new Inner Belt Bridge is nearly three feet out of place....."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/07/pier_for_the_new_inner_belt_br.html

Last edited:
GKL,

The second picture is IMPOSSIBLE and has been posted on Yahoo for a long time. It isn't real. There is absolutely NO WAY they would pave a bridge and paint white lines on it if it didn't meet. JUST WON'T HAPPEN.

I cringe when I see bad and improbable images as that one as well as improbable finds on here.

Never say never concerning improbable bridge construction until you have been to Pakistan, Afghanistan, or the other bassackward stans or Africa for that matter.
Been there, done that, seen that, crossed that - white knuckling the steering wheel while holding my breath with one foot out the door. In AF and the stans they construct bridges you wouldn't let a billy goat cross. At least the one pictured can hold a vehicle. :laughing:

Never say never concerning improbable bridge construction until you have been to Pakistan, Afghanistan, or the other bassackward stans or Africa for that matter.
Been there, done that, seen that, crossed that - white knuckling the steering wheel while holding my breath with one foot out the door. In AF and the stans they construct bridges you wouldn't let a billy goat cross. At least the one pictured can hold a vehicle. :laughing:

All I am saying is they wouldn't pave it OR put painted lines on it if nobody could cross it.

Wasn't thinking of 3rd world countries that might go that far. Yahoo put up another one before this one that was equally as stupid but I can't remember what it was. I know there are gullible people out there but that is too far fetched to believe I hope by everyone.

I did the last one Digger27 posted with a U-haul under a carport. Luckily I only broke a few boards off the carport and didn't hurt the U-haul! That was a long long time ago.

I did the last one Digger27 posted with a U-haul under a carport. Luckily I only broke a few boards off the carport and didn't hurt the U-haul! That was a long long time ago.

....any pics of it to post ? :lol:

I'm sure we all had our "3 stooges" moments before, I remember a long time ago (maybe in my very early 20's) I worked at a construction site and was asked to drive a flat bed truck filled with construction debris (it had a dump truck function), well I never drove such a truck before and didn't realize whoever parked it (I'm thinking I thought it was the boss) had left the dump mechanism in gear, so as I started driving across the fresh new parking lot (it was construction of an office building) I looked back and saw there was a trail of construction debris behind me :?: :shock:

When the boss came over I remember saying something like "guess what you did ?" :lol: ......he wasn't super upset, and I remember still having my job afterwards. (it was just a temporary job of my youth anyhow).

Reminds me of a joke:

My boss said I do the work of three men !!!!
.....Larry, Moe, and Curly :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm sure we all had our "3 stooges" moments before, I remember a long time ago (maybe in my very early 20's) I worked at a construction site and was asked to drive a flat bed truck filled with construction debris (it had a dump truck function), well I never drove such a truck before and didn't realize whoever parked it (I'm thinking I thought it was the boss) had left the dump mechanism in gear, so as I started driving across the fresh new parking lot (it was construction of an office building) I looked back and saw there was a trail of construction debris behind me :?: :shock:

When the boss came over I remember saying something like "guess what you did ?" :lol: ......he wasn't super upset, and I remember still having my job afterwards. (it was just a temporary job of my youth anyhow).

Reminds me of a joke:

My boss said I do the work of three men !!!!
.....Larry, Moe, and Curly :laughing::laughing::laughing:

LOL no pictures. So I guess it didn't happen? This carport was in front of a hotel. People came running out of their rooms on the second floor thinking it was an earthquake. I couldn't stop laughing and my wife was upset. We had insurance and so no big deal to me.

LOL good joke!

LOL no pictures. So I guess it didn't happen? This carport was in front of a hotel. People came running out of their rooms on the second floor thinking it was an earthquake. I couldn't stop laughing and my wife was upset. We had insurance and so no big deal to me.

LOL good joke!

I definitely wasn't doubting your incident happened at all, just thought it would be neat to see a pic, I wish I had a pic of my dump truck goof :lol:

Sounds like you're in an area where people expect earthquakes, bet they were relieved when they saw the carport :lol:

I'm sure we all had our "3 stooges" moments before...

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

My Three Stooges moment happened while painting the outside of a house. I'd worked a 12 hour shift until 4 in the morning, got home at about 5AM, and slept until 7:30. Painting began at 8:00, so I wasn't totally with it when the painting began. I was up on an 8' ladder painting the eves of the house. I had my white paint in plastic pail, I imagine it was about 6 to 8 quarts in capacity... I finished the section I was working on and came down the ladder to move it a couple more feet to the right. What I didn't realize was that I'd left the paint bucket sitting up on the top rung... so as I pulled the ladder away from the wall, the bucket tipped and fell. Bullseye! The bucket fell and landed upside down on my head. I was covered from head to toe with white paint. I was lucky that we were using latex, and the outside shower was right next to where the incident happened. Dang, I wish I had a video of that. It wasn't funny to me at the time, but everyone else got a good laugh out of it.:laughing::laughing:

Now that I'm thinking about it, I've had some other painting mishaps... but they will remain untold until another time...

Back
Top Bottom