• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Thoughts on the DEUS?

A question,,,what took you so long to move to Deus??

Next,,I guarantee with you using Deus,,and me an Impact hunting in a real messy modern trash site,,,get ready to get your you know what handed to you.

You will dig far more junk,,,and won't be able to be alerted on some good target Impact is Capable of.

How do I know this??

I have ran them Deus and Impact head to head.

Better respect impact if you encounter in the field,,,,don't say I didn't tell you so.

Always remember every detector has its strong suits and weaker suits.

Better respect impact around heavy iron too,,that small coil will find things Deus won't ever.

You put the impact in one of its stronger areas for performance ,,it can compete with anything out there even surpass.

lol I still have the ctx and I'll challenge anybody when it comes to detecting;) my skillz are impeccable lmfao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have dug my most valuable coin with a deus.It will find coins and jewelry.I also dug 14 targets on that hunt,10 pieces of aluminum siding,you know those little scrap pieces they cut off when fitting the aluminum siding.No matter what I did or changed,the deus still high toned on them.The four coins sounded the same,and I wouldn't change that hunt for anything.
If I'd have had a Minelab I would have never dug those little pieces of siding.And I may never have found that walking half with the Minelab for the simple reason I may have not reached that part of the yard had I been swinging slow.
It's a trade off with anything,and there is no perfect machine.

I've found a lot of coins and silver with the deus at a local trashy high school that I've pounded with the ctx and etrac and it's been pounded since the 70's. I have no problems with the deus in modern trash. Diff peoples level of detecting skills come in play also. I constantly find great stuff there where the guys I hunt with really don't find much.

I've found a lot of coins and silver with the deus at a local trashy high school that I've pounded with the ctx and etrac and it's been pounded since the 70's. I have no problems with the deus in modern trash. Diff peoples level of detecting skills come in play also. I constantly find great stuff there where the guys I hunt with really don't find much.

Exactly my point,I couldn't have said it any better.You click with the deus more than the next guy,so you'll find more with it.Dont make it a better machine than the next guys,just a better fit for you as a user in general.Well said.

This has been mentioned but which cool should I get? 9 inch of 11? I'm leaning towards 11 unless others have had better luck/experience etc with 9.

11" covers more ground, the 9" is a great deep coil to but just to small for me to use all the time

This has been mentioned but which cool should I get? 9 inch of 11? I'm leaning towards 11 unless others have had better luck/experience etc with 9.

Both good coils.
9" coil superior performer in heavier iron and nails,,less ground coverage.

11",, a tad deeper,,more ground coverage.
Another thing good about 11" coil,,,when hunting areas with more sparse modern trash,,,Using 11"coil with equivalent settings to using 9" coil,,,using 11" coil will force Deus to keep ID of targets more true(as depth deepens),, now there will come point where say a tab will still read high and give a high tone.

But usually junk targets like this not as deep as older coins.

you recommend the 9" or 11"?
you gotta know what and where you are hunting - open fields, parks etc. vs curb strip wooded land etc.

TN already gave you the head start read his post about the deus and watch countless video on them.

9" coil is no slouch...i just got mine from one of the sponsor here. you really cant go wrong with any of the sponsors here. goodluck!

ps - it hard to find preowed deus if you are looking for one at this stage. people just cant let go with this machine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just bought a Deus from Bart at BigBoysToys thanks to this thread and other posts I've seen. I've been an E-Trac and CTX user for years so I'm excited to see how the Deus compares. Thanks for all the comments!

Just bought a Deus from Bart at BigBoysToys thanks to this thread and other posts I've seen. I've been an E-Trac and CTX user for years so I'm excited to see how the Deus compares. Thanks for all the comments!

Same here but that Deus has blown me away!!!! It's a awesome detector

Back
Top Bottom