Mojave "Instant Classic" to "Instant Flop"???

AT Max reportedly is getting coins 2" deeper than AT Pro in disc and 4" deeper than AT Pro in all metal. People saving for the Equinox should think it unlikely that it would equal or beat a $2,250 CTX-3030, because then they'd have to put the CTX price at $599 or less. The $1,500 E-Trac would have to be priced at $499 or less. Doesn't this seem like a formula for bankruptcy, giving away millions? The XT-705 would have to be reduced to $399 or less,

I really can't recall any mfr dropping prices by 50%-70%. And rather than reducing prices this much on current models, is it likely that the Equinox 600 at $649 would become their bottom of the line?

This could also mean the end of the X-terra series in my opinion. It may hunt in three frequencies, but the X-terras are not waterproof plus coils are way to expensive to accomplish what this new multi-frequency Equinox supposedly can do for less than $650. I am sure that dealers will have a "call me" price which is less than the advertised (what we know so far) price of $649. Minelab has discontinued some good machines. I mean, why would you pay what an X-terra 705 with 2 additional different frequency coils would cost knowing that the Equinox will soon be released? Just say'n......

Last edited:
One thing for sure about Tesoro, they are honest, upfront, and correct about their detectors capabilities no matter what it was designed to do.

Tesoro warranty is second to none!

Tesoro probably has the most diverse line of detectors to choose from than any I know of.

I bought the Mojave mainly because it will of do what it was designed to do and on occasion people old and young ask me if they can go with me and try metal detecting.

That's when I'll hand them a Mojave, turn it on and in 5 min they know enough about the machine to go and actually find something without being overwhelmed by needles, numbers, squeeks and squeals. Who knows? maybe the Mojave will spark enough interest that they will want to pursue the hobby.

Jack Gifford was a pioneer of sorts when he founded Tesoro, much like Garrett was. Both families today carry on designing, building, and marketing American made metal detectors and of course, that's another reason I bought a Mojave.

So, in a nutshell? I'm perfectly happy with the detector. It does what it was designed to do and does it quite well so of course I would recommend it to anyone that asked me.

I have a compadre, so a mojave is very similar.
The Compadre is what it is. Its not bad works well, I just prefer a digital
detector. I can id items in the ground very quick . Compadre just didnt do much for me, so I leant it to a newbie indefinitely :D

Don't make me get out my Mojave and show you once again that it can hang with big boys. The Mojave is heads and shoulders better than the Compadre and it's truly a classic. Keep in mind that the Mojave is a specialty detector. It excels at finding coins up to 6 to 7 inches deep in a bed of nails. Not to mention that it's so easy and fun to use. Mine has paid for itself many times over.

beephead

Don't make me get out my Mojave and show you once again that it can hang with big boys. The Mojave is heads and shoulders better than the Compadre and it's truly a classic. Keep in mind that the Mojave is a specialty detector. It excels at finding coins up to 6 to 7 inches deep in a bed of nails. Not to mention that it's so easy and fun to use. Mine has paid for itself many times over.

beephead

Some folks will never believe Beep! :thumbsup:

More treasure left for us! :extrahappy:

mojave is ok,but nowhere close to the shadow x2

I think the mojave is a ok detector but i prefer the shadow x2 .6-7 inch for the mojave and 10-12 for the shadow x2 and they both weigh the same no contest for me .

The Mojave is a hot little detector. I love using it and would fight to keep it. Now I'm selling off a few of my Tesoro's in order to get a new Nox, but the Mojave stays. It fits a nitch that a lot of detectors just can't do as well for me.

I never got a Mojave because I have two Compadres that just seem to work well for me. $158 for a new one and $80 for a like new used one I turned into a water machine. Would be hard to buy used and not have the lifetime warranty. Only worked for me because it was cheap enough and I was taking it apart which would probably void warranty anyway :)

Would I like a Mojave? Sure! I’d use it for sure too but can’t justify the $. Same goes for a Nox :laughing: :(

Back
Top Bottom