Thought some Might Like These

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
I went looking for two anchors and found both in the river near my home. I found some fishing lures and a few old bottles. I know some like the old bottles so I thought I would share.

I can't read the writing on the lighter green tall one and there is none on the darker green one. They have a tall bubble in the bottom you can see on the lighter one. I usually leave this kind on the bottom as there are tons of them but I thought maybe someone might give me an idea of what they are.

The torpedo bottle is in great shape. Loved that find as it is the first one I have recovered. No writing on it either. The fruit bottle is a nice one although after bringing it up I discovered a hole in it at the neck on back. A disappointment for sure.

I am going out there tomorrow with my camera to see if I can find any more good ones. A nice refreshing way to dive after swinging a detector for so long. Hopefully you will see some nice video of what I dive in sometimes and how fast the current is.

My original is right. For some reason the last picture is upside down.

Hi; My uncle from Panama had some of those bottles with the round bottom. He said that they were wine bottles from the Spanish. They made them that way so you couldn't stand them up. This way the cork stayed wet and your wine didn't go bad.

Nice finds Robert, I've only found one torpedo bottle in the 15 years I've been digging. That's a nice flavoring/extract bottle too. They look right around the turn of the century, possibly just before. The big green wine bottles are possibly a little newer. Reminds me, I gotta get back to some bottle dumps. Thanks for sharing!

Cool finds. Especially the torpedo bottle. The green ones are wine or champagne bottles. I thought they made the bottoms like that to withstand more internal pressure for sparkling type wines.
Hope you can get some decent underwater action video.

Back
Top Bottom