Nox800 vs deus

joe dert

Elite Member
I'd like to hear pros and cons from anyone who has experience with both machines.. thanks

I own both, have more hours with the Deus and I prefer the Deus......for now, the Nox is no slouch and both are update able. Battery life and overall ergonomics go to the Deus....both are coin killers, need more time behind the Nox though honestly, the Nox is more economical.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have both as well and for ease of use (physically) the Deus is the clear winner.
The Equinox is right behind the Deus though as far as weight.
I prefer the Deus in the Park and Field and the Equinox at the Beach but the Deus is a close second at the Beach.
Water or wet hunting the vote goes to the Equinox.
I mostly hunt the beach and have had success with both of these detectors.
Hard call. Good luck!

IMHO,
*Coin hunting where there's modern trash, edge goes to the Equinox.
*Relic hunting older sites with lots of iron, edge goes to the Deus.
*Water hunting or swinging in the rain (most versatile), Nox
*Best target audio nuances, Deus.
*Build quality, Deus.
*Slight weight advantage, Deus.
*Most compact and easiest to transport, Deus.
*Ergonomics is subjective. I prefer a straight shaft mounted in the center of the coil, so Nox gets the nod for me.
*Least susceptible to EMI, Nox.
*Easier learning curve, Nox.
*Easier on the wallet, Nox.

I own both, have more hours with the Deus and I prefer the Deus......for now, the Nox is no slouch and both are update able. Battery life and overall ergonomics go to the Deus....both are coin killers, need more time behind the Nox though honestly, the Nox is more economical.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you..my choice was a deus before the nox started killing it all over the world..now I'm torn..

I have both as well and for ease of use (physically) the Deus is the clear winner.
The Equinox is right behind the Deus though as far as weight.
I prefer the Deus in the Park and Field and the Equinox at the Beach but the Deus is a close second at the Beach.
Water or wet hunting the vote goes to the Equinox.
I mostly hunt the beach and have had success with both of these detectors.
Hard call. Good luck!

Thank you.. I mainly hunt land now..so the deus has a slight edge for my needs.. I have heard from others that the nox was somewhat unbalanced.. I like to hunt for hours if possible..and I don't want the limitation to be the comfort and balance of the detector... I need to hold them to see how they fit my body proportions..seems as though either unit will a good choice by comparison..

If salt water hunting is even a thought then get the Nox. Both great detectors. The Deus will hurt the wallet more than the Nox.

IMHO,
*Coin hunting where there's modern trash, edge goes to the Equinox.
*Relic hunting older sites with lots of iron, edge goes to the Deus.
*Water hunting or swinging in the rain (most versatile), Nox
*Best target audio nuances, Deus.
*Build quality, Deus.
*Slight weight advantage, Deus.
*Most compact and easiest to transport, Deus.
*Ergonomics is subjective. I prefer a straight shaft mounted in the center of the coil, so Nox gets the nod for me.
*Least susceptible to EMI, Nox.
*Easier learning curve, Nox.
*Easier on the wallet, Nox.
Thank you..you made some excellent points..
I have heard the nox has trouble with EMI..so it seems with the deus.. but I also read that if you carry a cell phone to put it on airplane mode..but that doesn't stop the so called chatter in the background I've also read..what is your experience with the nox chatter? And is the deus a chatterbox as well?

If salt water hunting is even a thought then get the Nox. Both great detectors. The Deus will hurt the wallet more than the Nox.

It is a thought.. because I was going to sell my Excalibur and my sovereign gt..thank you

Thank you..

I have heard the nox has trouble with EMI..so it seems with the deus.. but I also read that if you carry a cell phone to put it on airplane mode..but that doesn't stop the so called chatter in the background I've also read..what is your experience with the nox chatter? And is the deus a chatterbox as well?

I haven’t had much trouble out of either one, but my Deus does tend to be a little more chatty around power lines or in the city. Never had any trouble with my phone interfering with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t had much trouble out of either one, but my Deus does tend to be a little more chatty around power lines or in the city. Never had any trouble with my phone interfering with either.

I'm leaning towards the nox.. I don't think I'll regret buying either machine..but the nox has more positive features it seems for my needs.. thank you

I've owned both. They deus may squeak one out in extremely heavy iron over nox but it's rare. The nox can do more and has a simple menu system. Coils are cheaper for the nox. In my Ohio dirt the nox just plain does better in 99% of situations. Now if we are talking weight, my nox is 2.75lbs deus is 2lbs. Once you are 3lbs or under I really do not notice. If you travel or have a small car then the deus with the way it easily compacts down to fit anywhere is nice. Nox is deeper on everything. The volume on the deus on it's lowest setting is still too high for me.. for me the nox does everything , even in heavy iron.. I may grab up an ORX for traveling or to keep in my truck or camper..

I have a Deus and like it, but there may be a Nox in my future. Love the tones on the Nox.

I've owned both. They deus may squeak one out in extremely heavy iron over nox but it's rare. The nox can do more and has a simple menu system. Coils are cheaper for the nox. In my Ohio dirt the nox just plain does better in 99% of situations. Now if we are talking weight, my nox is 2.75lbs deus is 2lbs. Once you are 3lbs or under I really do not notice. If you travel or have a small car then the deus with the way it easily compacts down to fit anywhere is nice. Nox is deeper on everything. The volume on the deus on it's lowest setting is still too high for me.. for me the nox does everything , even in heavy iron.. I may grab up an ORX for traveling or to keep in my truck or camper..

Thank you.. I appreciate the response.. seems like the nox is going to be a good choice..

I have a Deus and like it, but there may be a Nox in my future. Love the tones on the Nox.

All my previous detecting was done by sound....my tejon is great but challenged for depth at high discrimination..rich tones..great discrimination..but past it's prime now and no warranty...I'm buying a nox... thanks

Like all 3

Ctx3030, Nox 800, Deus , all will do you well , except the Deus around salt water , all depend's on how deep with green back's your pocket's are, the Extra Coil's for the Nox are cheaper than the Deus , look at the price for extra's and add up what you will want with the package 1st- before choosing , happy hunting, all 3 are winner's.

It is a thought.. because I was going to sell my Excalibur and my sovereign gt..thank you

This is why I would get the Nox because it appears you do hunt some salt beaches. Plus another thing to consider is if you buy the Nox it would probably be a quick resell and ROI because the curiosity market is high right now. That way you can eventually try both.

I had a Deus and sold it after getting the Eqx800. I have regretted it ever since! I’m literally waiting for my Deus lite to come in right now. Wireless is a huge deal to me because I can carry a full-featured detector in a waist pack. I frequently run across very old sites when hunting critters and the Deus can go everywhere without needing a large pack. I also prefer it for regular hunts now that I’ve gotten used to the Equinox. Obviously water and salt beaches will be better with the Equinox, but those trashy old homesites with a million nails are just more fun with the Deus.

Anyone have a X35 coil on their deus and your thoughts on your experience with the coil.

Back
Top Bottom