First 45 minutes of the day a once in a lifetime find…. Then nothing but junk all day.

Welcome to the silver dollar club! They sure sound amazing on the Equinox. Haven't heard of anyone else around here finding a CC Morgan, great hunting! 👍

Welcome to the silver dollar club! They sure sound amazing on the Equinox. Haven't heard of anyone else around here finding a CC Morgan, great hunting! 👍

I am very thankful. Dan found the spot. So thankful for his friendship and teamwork this year. It sounded awesome on the nox and on dans mxt he called it.

Huge congrats on a “dookie in your pants” find! The other dookie in your pants find would be a gold coin for me. That’s next on your list! Lol

I hope I do. Just really hard here. The history is not very old but people did bring old stuff with them on the trail and such. Hopefully my other bucket listers will be found once we head east. This was a huge bucket lister for me actually two in one. I wanted any silver dollar or any Carson City. I’m mainly hunting coins but there’s some relics out there I really want also. Having a hunting partner is definitely very key. About 2/3 I have found while with Dan. Without him this would of not been found by me.

You are SO right. Having a partner, or people you detect with, adds a dimension of competition which is good. It drives everyone to be better at what you do, and that will most certainly result in more and better recoveries. You can bounce ideas off people too, which for some people on an open forum might not be an easy thing to do. Grown adults don’t always want to admit they don’t know something, I sure don’t. But if it’s something that’s going to make me a better hunter?…I’m all ears! Sometimes it’s easier to make that “transaction” in person with people you trust.

You are SO right. Having a partner, or people you detect with, adds a dimension of competition which is good. It drives everyone to be better at what you do, and that will most certainly result in more and better recoveries. You can bounce ideas off people too, which for some people on an open forum might not be an easy thing to do. Grown adults don’t always want to admit they don’t know something, I sure don’t. But if it’s something that’s going to make me a better hunter?…I’m all ears! Sometimes it’s easier to make that “transaction” in person with people you trust.

Yeah Dan’s experience alone has made me better and we research very well together. We try to get totals together as a team but there is friendly competition of course and he has become a friend which is great. In this time in our country it’s about a coin toss if you will get along with one another unfortunately. I'm thankful to have a buddy to hunt with cause alone it’s sucks at times especially if you find something cool. And seeing Dan crush me multiple times has still been amazing. A lot of first things I saw dug were him. Can’t wait till the next year we should have some epic trips/hunts ahead of us. I am still learning so everyone’s experience is priceless to me.

Superior find! Sounds like you have had a great year and what a way to finish! Congrats on the bucket lister.

Awesome find and welcome to the club.

I got mine this August after less then a year detecting (1979-P). In a public park of all places.

Here's hoping we both join the two silver dollar club sometime!

Unbelievable find! I can’t imagine looking and seeing that huge silver rim
It was a crazy experience.
Congrats on the Morgan CC I'm still looking for my 1st CC and my 1st dollar.
Never thought I would find either so it can happen to anyone.
Now that's the real McCoy of a great find and what this hobby is about. Big silver congrats for that!
yeah finds like this make the days of junk and trash worth it.

Superior find! Sounds like you have had a great year and what a way to finish! Congrats on the bucket lister.

Thank you. It has been my best year yet.

So I haven’t posted in a bit. However I have been getting out about 12hrs per week. Before yesterday I was at 55 silvers, 4ihps, 85 wheats and such. Well we went to a spot where my hunting buddy last time we were there got a wheat and a ihp. It’s a old homesite that recently was burned down on purpose and then they leveled it. We confirmed it in the killer dog tag find from 1898 that the place was at least that old. Hopefully DirtFishingDan will post his end of the day he crushed it wheat, ihps, old key, dog tax tag and a couple mercs. Well the first 45 minutes in I found a find of a lifetime. I called Dan over to swing his mxt over it he felt strongly it was a silver dollar. It was tight and very bright as well as loud. We almost did a video of me digging it but didn’t. After popping it we did as it was being removed from the plug. That video is on my Instagram @diggingthepnw so doubt I would ever find this but not only was it a Morgan silver dollar (my first silver dollar) it is a 1892 Carson City. I have decided to send it in to pcgs to have it restored and placed in a case. Without further ado my Morgan

Thank you for the good post and great pictures. Definitely inspiring!

Thank you for the good post and great pictures. Definitely inspiring!

Thanks. I inspired my self now to never give up. I almost gave up a year ago but sure glad I didn’t. Now that my daughter occasionally hunts I am pretty sure this is gonna be a family hobby soon. Our 3 daughters 3,5,9 all are pretty interested. The middle may get a machine for her birthday in January. It’s not as productive hunting with kiddos for me but just as fun.

Congrats on the CC Morgan! If I ever land just a Morgan dollar I would be ecstatic, but a CC would icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom