Colonial Military Camp Site

Elite Member
Been hunting this camp site on and off for the past week and I'm finding the typical camp site things, silverware and match safes. only one military button so far, a general staff 1820-1832,( UPDATED TO 1850s-1860s ) lots of junk and will need some time to dig through it. Here are sundays and tuesdays finds.

Attachments

• DSC00038.JPG
    DSC00038.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 534
Nice finds! It looks like you have a great site to hunt there!

BTW - I can tell you what some of the items in the top right part of the top pic are...:cool:

Congrats!
Doug

Nice finds! I see a few Civil War finds in there too. That Carbine sling buckle at the bottom is nice. Love the staff officers button!

thats a lot of items :wow: just out of curiosity what makes you think the button is from 1820-1832 ?? can you post a picture of the back ??

Nice finds! I see a few Civil War finds in there too. That Carbine sling buckle at the bottom is nice. Love the staff officers button!
Thanks Wolf I didn't know that was a carbine sling buckle. thanks again and HH . Thanks Everyone! copper head Alberts has general staff buttons being issued from 1810-1832 so i figured that it's no later than 1832 # GS 13E

copper head Alberts has general staff buttons being issued from 1810-1832 so i figured that it's no later than 1832 # GS 13E

read a bit more on that page there 401K ..

"June 11,1832 perscribed a new pattern and type of button ...
this spread eagle and stars button was in use until 1902 when the "great seal" button was prescribed for all uniforms.

so i'll ask again , what makes you think the button is from 1820-1832 ?? can you read the backmark??

read a bit more on that page there 401K ..

"June 11,1832 perscribed a new pattern and type of button ...
this spread eagle and stars button was in use until 1902 when the "great seal" button was prescribed for all uniforms.

so i'll ask again , what makes you think the button is from 1820-1832 ?? can you read the backmark??
i see what you are saying that all the designs were used until 1902. So that would make this button one of the "new pattern and new type of button" that Order No 50 june 11 1832 and you cannot tell just by the design,more by where it was made. The design of this button is what I think is the GS 13e. Haven't looked at tice's yet,it is what it is and I will go back and hopefully find what I like, colonial relics. ..............................Tice has that design button being made 26 different times and dates that eagle and type of shield design to the 1850s-1860 #GS226A19 and I tried to peel some crud off the back for pictures but its not worth it,probably ruin the thing even that I would be lucky to get 5 cents for it. Thanks for helping to get it more correct!

Back
Top Bottom