12 Reasons To Go Wireless With An Electronic Pinpointer

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• glove.jpg
    glove.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 251
.And Garrett made it so it could be used with other machines and headphones too.nice..I’m sure if Minelab makes one it’ll be proprietary only to they’re machines.:laughing:

Last edited:
Take those same ten numb cold fingers and make a phone call and order a plane ticket. Case solved. :laughing:

John, sorry I don't get it, other than deeper in the waterproof dept. It seems like a gimmick--if you want privacy--don't want to take your headphones off, just use on vibrate which is how I run my carrot all the time. Batteries last forever it seems. Now if it could discriminate ferrous --non-ferrous that might be something. I have a TRX and a Pro-find 35, But I use the carrot on every hunt. Hearing impaired or in water it still runs on vibrate so I can't see any advantage and just something else that could go wrong. If I'm missing something PLEASE I'm all ears. JMHO HH Mark

John, sorry I don't get it, other than deeper in the waterproof dept. It seems like a gimmick--if you want privacy--don't want to take your headphones off, just use on vibrate which is how I run my carrot all the time. Batteries last forever it seems. Now if it could discriminate ferrous --non-ferrous that might be something. I have a TRX and a Pro-find 35, But I use the carrot on every hunt. Hearing impaired or in water it still runs on vibrate so I can't see any advantage and just something else that could go wrong. If I'm missing something PLEASE I'm all ears. JMHO HH Mark

What you're missing is the user's experience. Everyone's brain processes the vibrations differently, and to many it all just feels like one big vibration and can't lock on without audio. This becomes more pronounced with age I think, seems like a lot of the older folks I've detected with have difficulty with just vibration.

What you gain with the increased sensitivity using audio in the headset, is the ability to know precisely how close the pinpointer is to the target. The closer the pinpointer to the target, the faster the "beeps." Not knowing the distances between the pin-pointer and target increases the chances you putting a nice scratch on your target with your digger. That cut can seriously decrease the value of a low mintage coin, or really make it look bad cosmetically in a display case.

In simple terms......it's like metal detecting without using headphones, using only the speaker on the metal detector. The wireless carrot is not a gimmick. It works well. It's just another tool available you can use. And it works pretty well on all metal detectors using the Garrett Z-link sydtem. :newidea:

No thanks I like my Garrett carrot the way it is. I definitely don't want that awful pin point sound directly in my ear. This is a waste of time and resources by Garrett IMO. They should be spending that time and money developing a new detector to replace that dud at max. Coming from an at pro user they lost me after the release of the max.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom