Found arrowhead with a metal detector

Dr. Detroit

Elite Member
I had a good morning hunting a local site I go to from time to time and came across a good hit 52 on the AT Pro. dug down about 4 " so not so deep and pulled out a tiny arrowhead made into a pendant. I think this could be my oldest find to date. At least the arrowhead is. :lol

Attachments

• arrowhead pendant 2.jpg
    arrowhead pendant 2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,027
  • Arrowhead pendant.jpg
    Arrowhead pendant.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,044
Looks like a pendant made from an arrowhead shaped rock, but it doesn't look like an actual knapped/worked point...

Cool nonetheless..

<°)))>{

Nice find! I have found one of those and they unfortunately are just modern reproductions that hang from a black piece of leather meant to wear around your neck. Necklace for short lol HH!

cool and unusual find.. I've found two while detecting.. one was an eye ball find, just laying on top of the ground the other was on top of a silver Washington quarter I dug... I suspect a kid was playing with them and left them on the ground
Congrats on your find

Agree with a couple other people that commented. This looks to be a arrowhead pendent off of a necklace that are often sold in souvenir shops. I had one when I was a kid. Most likely made of pewter or some kind of pot metal. Still a cool find! I don't think I have ever seen someone find one before.

Back
Top Bottom