For whom the toll...pays

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
https://gma.yahoo.com/florida-drive...nse-plate-182604075--abc-news-topstories.html

Not this guy, evidently.

He wanted to pass through toll plazas without paying the $1.25.
He mounted a remote control license holder that drops a screen over the plate when you push a button while sitting in the car.
If they don't know you they can't find you he believed.
The problem is the idiot dropped the screen while in line with a MARKED FLORIDA HWY PATROL CAR AND OFFICER also in line right behind him when he did it.

Got charged with what they call Petit Theft, (petty theft) for not paying the toll but concealing a license plate just happens to be a felony.
They impounded his car and they still have it.

Pay your tolls people, or buy a vowel and get a clue if you think you have a way to beat it.

Attachments

• abc-plate-er-170113_16x9_992.jpg
    abc-plate-er-170113_16x9_992.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 216
Best way is with a bike rack that is supported where your tag is. Its also good for the cameras at intersections in case you get caught behind a brake checker trying to get you a ticket:lol: Luckily they did away with our tolls. Cameras are all over the place.

People are cheap. Looks like he has a nice car just pay the dam thing or get in easy pass it would be cheaper.

Toll roads are a PITA!...Now everyone has an 'EZ pass', and the coin hopper 'toss and go' bins are gone on the Skyway...so a fellow does have to dink around and insert coins one at a time, takes forever!...

Us recalcitrant claddies use our discolored coins that the Coinstar rejected...and also cash them in at the rest stop vending machines along the way...(Insert, hit the refund button) I get the concept behind this Plate cover dealie, and can appreciate the thought processes for the daily dodgers...too many cameras all over the place though...
Mud

If they don't know you they can't find you he believed.
If they don't know you they find the next best person to charge!

I'm still dealing with the TxTag toll patrol. Last year I get a letter from the TxTag people saying a 1965 mustang registered to me was photographed going to all these places and not paying. I'm from a small southwest Kansas town so I have no idea what this toll !!!! is all about. Anyway, The letter tells me I owe $20+ for some toll. I called them up and said !!! are you talking about. First off I haven't owned a 1965 mustang in many years and I haven't been to Texas in over 10 years.

They tell me to take it down to my local DMV and they will fax something to them to clear it. Fast forward to two months ago. I get another letter from TxTag telling me I now owe $400+ for a tag photo'd not paying toll on a 1965 antique mustang tag. Again I say !!! are you talking about! I had them send me a photo of this 1965 mustang wearing a Kansas antique tag registered to me. They send me a picture of the Tractor of a semi rig with a commercial tag on the front bumper. I called them up and said look at the picture. Does that look like a 1965 mustang to you? And second, if you bothered to look you'd see that tag is not an antique tag but a commercial tag for a big rig. She finally said OK your balance due has been changed to $0.

I thought these people really don't pay much attention to their jobs apparently. OK I thought that was it. Two days later get another letter from some other toll company saying I owe $200+ on a antique tag registered by me on a 1965 mustang and the same photo of the tractor trailer rig with the commercial tag. I'm not even going to bother calling them. I want them to take me to court so I can show just what a bunch of dumb a$$s they are to the judge.

To All you regulation complainers out there just WAIT until our NYS gov. Gets elected to Washington and the nation is run like NYS . Our State law makers love dreaming up new regs . :lol:

There was a guy in New Jersey a couple of years back that had a GPS jammer in this truck and would turn it on as he approached the toll booths. This of course was immediately noticed by the FAA since the toll booths were right near the Newark Airport. They noticed the GPS disruption occurred every weekday at roughly the same time in the afternoon. Not sure if the GPS jammer disrupted the fast pass stuff, but, needless to say the guy got in a LOT of trouble and was fined way in excess of the tolls he skipped out on.

Back
Top Bottom