Digging the junk please read...

Extrapolation at it's finest from a md perspective! Tnsharpshooter and digger27 you guys could filibuster in congress!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding right? They wouldnt know what hit them! Make Ted Cruz' recital of Dr. Suess 'Green Eggs and Ham' a welcomed treat! After D27 gets done reading "The Church of the Compadre" especially...then pull THIS stuff on 'em? They would be begging for term limits!:laughing:
Mud

Extrapolation at it's finest from a md perspective! Tnsharpshooter and digger27 you guys could filibuster in congress!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially with the,,, strategic,,,pauses!

You are welcome.

Hey TNSS,,, what are these triple comma thing? Didn't know if it's a stuck key or a type of tick Or a secret code to decipher the Beale Treasure :grin:

Hey TNSS,,, what are these triple comma thing? Didn't know if it's a stuck key or a type of tick. Or a secret code to decipher the Beale Treasure :grin:

Yeah?,,,,? Whats with the commas? It should be ...(dotdotdot!) He needs to go in for a Medula Oblongotta re-calibration ya think? Like that poetry guy in Sling Blade? "baking the cookies of discontent... by the heat of the laundromat vent?" "Never mind the man who contemplates... doing away with license plates?" Yeah, we got some real booboos hanging around here on this Forum alright...:laughing::laughing: Hell, we got enough strange characters to do a "Sling Coil" movie I reckon!
Mud

Last edited:
Just basic math,,,with some conservative reasonable assumptions,,that's all.

Good thing math exists,,,it keeps us all honest.

Time is something that can't be bought or stretched.

The writing,,the scenarios listed,,,,folks should be able to tell,,,digging that much silver,,,rather unlikely in the northeast and Midwest-- weather and frozen ground wouldn't allow.

In the south,,IMO not enough silver even existed really to be lost.

Now,,to be fair,,if we turned the clock back to say year starting in 1964,, and a person had a FBS detector,,and hunted for 30 years--- achievement had a much higher probability of success,,,,due to fewer junk aluminum targets,,,fewer clad coins,,silver coins depth shallower on average,,,and no zincolns.

But my writing wasn't based on the time frame,,,,more like 1985 thru present.

A couple other possibilities for success.

Hunting around 2 or 3 Brinks trucks that crashed say in 1950s or early 60s,,,or to come upon 2 or 3 BIG silver hoards.

Gent who posted never said anything about big hoards or crashed brink trucks though.

Last edited:
Just basic math,,,with some conservative reasonable assumptions,,that's all.

Good thing math exists,,,it keeps us all honest.

Time is something that can't be bought or stretched.

I always thought that too...That Math had only one right answer, An Eternal entity discovered (not invented) by Mankind to be used as a tool and was inviolate to the whims of interpretation, a boundary not to be crossed......those assumptions were smashed in 2008 by evil wizards working with integers outside of reason and sanity and for personal survival or gain.....Same with Time...Time can be manipulated as well....Time indeed can be bought, stretched, shortened, lengthened, bent...manipulated...

I'm not saying its right, or there wont be any serious fallout for Humanity from these aggregious wizardly violations of these Universal laws, just that it happened, and I noticed...
Mud

I always thought that too...That Math had only one right answer, An Eternal entity discovered (not invented) by Mankind to be used as a tool and was inviolate to the whims of interpretation, a boundary not to be crossed......those assumptions were smashed in 2008 by evil wizards working with integers outside of reason and sanity and for personal survival or gain.....Same with Time...Time can be manipulated as well....Time indeed can be bought, stretched, shortened, lengthened, bent...manipulated...

I'm not saying its right, or there wont be any serious fallout for Humanity from these aggregious wizardly violations of these Universal laws, just that it happened, and I noticed...
Mud

Hint-Politicans usually don't like math,,,wonder why???
Science either.

Now fuzzy math,,they like this kind.

Good thing we had folks like Galileo, Newton, Einstein, etc

Last edited:
I carry a Five gallon plastic bucket in the back of my truck so I can dump the junk I dig from my pouch. I am a water hunter during the warmer months the rest of the year I hunt parks, soccer fields...ect. I empty that five gallon bucket at lest five or six times a year.

You're supposed to empty it?

I usually show pictures of my finds at work. I asked if they wanted to see a picture of my junk. I got sent to HR. I don't get it. It is was two 5-gallon buckets full of the trash I dug. What is wrong with people?

Blood,sweat and tears here. But most important LEARNING.

New detectorists,,,it not always peaches and cream.

Last edited:
I bet the first guys to detect in the 70s found buckets of silver. I believe it's entirely possible some of the pioneers of this hobby found silver coins by the thousands in some locations.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Hey TNSS,,, what are these triple comma thing? Didn't know if it's a stuck key or

I agree wth does 3 commas between sentences even mean?

Makes it hard to follow what you're saying and tough to know when a thought ends and another begins!

I bet the first guys to detect in the 70s found buckets of silver. I believe it's entirely possible some of the pioneers of this hobby found silver coins by the thousands in some locations.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

He probably was complaining because he was digging all those stupid silver coins. The only way he could complain was using carbon paper and mailing a letter to his pen pals. LOL

I agree wth does 3 commas between sentences even mean?

Makes it hard to follow what you're saying and tough to know when a thought ends and another begins!

I just read it like a stream of conciousness. It's a dominant right brained trait. I get it cause I'm right brained too. The right brain controls logic and reasoning, while the left brain is the creative side that compiles it in a flowing structure.

I know a few people who actually speak like that. Most are computer programmers.

Maybe I don't understand this new math but " So 60,000 silver coins found with a 1 in 15 junk find rate would mean 60,000 silver coins divided by 15 = 4000 junk targets dug." sure doesn't sound right.

If you find 1 good silver to every 15 junk it would be 15 x 60,000 which would be 900,000 pieces of junk not 4,000.

I consulted the "Little, Brown Handbook" and I was stunned that there was no entry under "Punctuation" for ",,,". I guess the book needs an overhaul to bring it up to modern times.

Back
Top Bottom