Scientists say they may have new evidence in D.B. Cooper case

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I thought this was a cool read. Enjoy!

Check out this article from USA TODAY: Scientists say they may have new evidence in D.B. Cooper case

http://usat.ly/2iuUlm3

Well Isnt that interesting! I have never understood the concept of neckties? Even the heritage of this invention is puzzling to me? Was there a button shortage in the shirt industry back long ago, and some hillbilly solved the problem with a length of baling twine? Some enterprising fabric mill owner took it to another level to dump edge scrap? I dont know...Sure, its handy to have a length of rope close at hand to address the vagarities of Life, but at what expense? For a Fashion accessory worn around the neck??

Clip-ons certainly have their place, like if you are a prison guard or schoolteacher, the last thing you want to have happen is for some swarthy lad grab your tie in one hand, and commence to jack your jaw with the other..your face becomes a paddleball! The full "Windsor Treatment" or "Hangmans Special" as it is known...

Amazing that Neckties can even be sold! Dangerous devices with one singular purpose but to choke the Life out of a wearer or the person across the table! I will say though, that little scrap of fabric around the neck will keep the wearer physically cleaner than a full set of overalls! Nobody wearing a tie is expected to do any kind of meaningful work...Does a diesel mechanic wear a tie? Farmer, Plumber? NO! See?

Most of us wear a necktie as camoflage...to get out of work or talk smart...Or make an easy fortune Like Lawyers, Politicians, Teachers, Undertakers and Insurance salesmen...

It stands to reason a guy as desperate as DB Cooper would wear a clip-on..he was just in it for the quick hit and fix...Not like he had to go in and teach a bunch of stupid kids for 30yrs looking respectable...You know jumping out of a damned airplane in a rainstorm at night over the Mountains certainly is easier than that!:laughing: So he had to have been a teacher!...Possibly dinking around in S Florida pulling pennys and wearing a Rolex...
Mud

You REALLY cracked me up!

Well Isnt that interesting! I have never understood the concept of neckties? ...
It stands to reason a guy as desperate as DB Cooper would wear a clip-on..he was just in it for the quick hit and fix...Not like he had to go in and teach a bunch of stupid kids for 30yrs looking respectable...You know jumping out of a damned airplane in a rainstorm at night over the Mountains certainly is easier than that!:laughing: So he had to have been a teacher!...Possibly dinking around in S Florida pulling pennys and wearing a Rolex...
Mud
:laughing: Dude, you are funny!:laughing:

I've always thought that he didn't survive the jump - why else would some of the money be found in the river years later? But if he did die, why didn't someone report him missing? I'm sure the FBI checked missing persons lists. :shrug:

Not getting political at all, but that artist's rendition looks almost exactly like Mike Huckabee!

Back
Top Bottom