Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 01-12-2017, 03:26 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
..... I have admonished him and asked if this reprehensible behavior he exhibits is troubling to him, being a "Stain upon the reputation of the Sport" etc. and he told me 'No'.......
Well if the following statement is true:

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
....He simply remains unseen and unnoticed, ....
Then he's right: How can he be a "black eye to the hobby" if he's below anyone's radar of notice ?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Elite Member

Is that NO METAL DETECTORS IN THE PARK sign for real? I mean, really ... what bureaucrat in his right mind would use glue on individual letters to make a sign enforcing an official, legally passed, city wide ordinance when they could have spent some significant taxpayer money with his/her brother-in-law's sign making firm in return for an undisclosed, under the table, underhanded payoff? Just sayin'

Old 01-13-2017, 07:40 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by mountain digger View post
Is that NO METAL DETECTORS IN THE PARK sign for real? I mean, really ... what bureaucrat in his right mind would use glue on individual letters to make a sign enforcing an official, legally passed, city wide ordinance when they could have spent some significant taxpayer money with his/her brother-in-law's sign making firm in return for an undisclosed, under the table, underhanded payoff? Just sayin'
Yeah real sign...I have my suspicions...I think the Head Park Maintenance guy is a detectorist on account of there was no easy fresh clad on the surface in likely areas...around the Concessions/bleachers, NOTHING...Plus, an old Cannie who came riding through in the dark on a bicycle checking for empties told me about the guy...said he will get very pist if he catches me, will tell me to get out of here...and that he shows up every morning at 7:30...
Mud

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:24 PM

All the schools in my area are fenced with locked gates. Yes they also have no trespassing signs.

Don't you know those signs are going to keep evil doers from harming the children. (Sarcasm in case you did not see it)