could be a hinge or ?

coolcat7

Hi all, here's my very first find with my new T2 besides nails.
I found it out in the woods behind my house. This area of milford was all farms. The area behind my house is undeveloped, and has lots of wildlife. I found this in an area where old road ruts seem visible, next to a stone wall. It was about 8 inches deep.

Note the old fashioned nail next to the hole. that hole is probably where another nail used to be. The ends are curved in.

ideas?

Attachments

• front_137.jpg
    front_137.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 285
  • back_179.jpg
    back_179.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 264
  • side_177.jpg
    side_177.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 275
I found another one!

I was again in the woods, finding nothing for 2 hours or so, when I found yet another ox shoe! What am I, an expert now? ha ha

I was also puzzled because now and then I would get a faint signal, so faint that I wondered if I had my volume set right. Does that mean the target is deep in the ground? I tried to pinpoint and get a reading and if anything, it said it was 10 inches or more deep. On one of these low signals I decided to try to dig. This was right next to a large old tree that would be very memorable to anyone. (I was thinking cache).  Trouble was, after only 2 inches I encountered solid earth that was NOT budging. So solid I thought it was a wood box, but I was wrong. I ended up with nothing.

Does this kind of thing happen alot? :?:

Yup... ox shoe. Wish I had a dime for every one I dug up. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom