Barber and Merc

TNTGross

Elite Member
Had a bit of time before going to work this morning, so I went down to a local park that I have hunted hard for the past couple of years. I didn't expect to find much, but I was going very slow and listening for iffy signals.

After about twenty minutes, I got an iffy 19-22 one way signal. I was hoping for an IHP, but a very deep, maybe 10 inches, 1910 Barber dime popped out.

I was thrilled. I could have gone home happy and I was on my way back to my truck when a sketchy 19-25 (with a hint of iron on the side) signal sounded in my ear. Seeing as I had such good luck with the Barber, I figured I would dig it. At about 8 inches, I pulled out the 1936 Merc.

At this point, I was out of time. Filled in the hole, turned off the Nox, and headed back to my truck with a big goofy grin on my face.

Attachments

• Barber and Merc.jpg
    Barber and Merc.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 422
Nice short hunt , congrats on the nice dimes 👍👍
Thank you. It was a pleasure finding them. In the past three weeks, I have researched three hunting locations. One was an hour away and when I got there I found out that fill dirt full of trash was used to raise the area. The second was over two hours away and turned into a road. The third was so thick with brush, I couldn't swing.

It was nice to not travel, swing for a bit, and actually reap some reward.

Go back and work until a Rosie pops up, still count as trifecta, hard to get that close again, just saying

Go back and work until a Rosie pops up, still count as trifecta, hard to get that close again, just saying

I have pulled 10 plus silver out of this park over the past couple of years. I was just thrilled to find anything at all. Though the trifecta would have been nice, I didnt have the time. For me, it would only count if it was the same hunt.

Congrats on the shiny TNT, seems alot of Barber, Merc combos are being posted lately. Short but sweet hunt. I have been trying to concentrate more on the deeper signals also. Good luck, Mark

I know! I know! I have dug silver dimes (barber,seated) at 20 signals. Usually the mercs and roosies are more consistent signal but you just never know. Way to go and not give up. I am jealous and this makes me rethink a lot of signals.

Had a bit of time before going to work this morning, so I went down to a local park that I have hunted hard for the past couple of years. I didn't expect to find much, but I was going very slow and listening for iffy signals.

After about twenty minutes, I got an iffy 19-22 one way signal. I was hoping for an IHP, but a very deep, maybe 10 inches, 1910 Barber dime popped out.

I was thrilled. I could have gone home happy and I was on my way back to my truck when a sketchy 19-25 (with a hint of iron on the side) signal sounded in my ear. Seeing as I had such good luck with the Barber, I figured I would dig it. At about 8 inches, I pulled out the 1936 Merc.

At this point, I was out of time. Filled in the hole, turned off the Nox, and headed back to my truck with a big goofy grin on my face.

nice saves.

Congrats on the Barber and Merc !! I have found several silver coins through the years by digging iffy signals too. I think in pounded parks, digging those signals allow you to find good targets that others have missed.

Congrats on the great hunt. Curious as to if the Barber rang up any higher than what it did when it was in the ground. 10" deep that is impressive for a dime. What settings were you using?

Congrats , it's always great to eke out a silver from a hard hunted park . Two really great coins is even better especially when one is the elusive Barber .Bravo ! :yes:

Those coins are in excellent cond. must be a really old park, big congrats.:wow:
The park began development in 1916, according to city records. Found these in the hill side. The soil was dry and sandy.

2 nice keepers for sure, I would say a return trip should be in order :yes: congrats!
As this is the closest park to my home, I tend to hit it a good bit. I'll be back, I'm sure.

Congrats on the shiny TNT, seems alot of Barber, Merc combos are being posted lately. Short but sweet hunt. I have been trying to concentrate more on the deeper signals also. Good luck, Mark
Thanks, I will. Good luck to you as well.

I know! I know! I have dug silver dimes (barber,seated) at 20 signals. Usually the mercs and roosies are more consistent signal but you just never know. Way to go and not give up. I am jealous and this makes me rethink a lot of signals.
Depending on my commitment and energy level, signals worthy to dig, vary greatly.

nice saves.
Thank you. I was thrilled.

Congrats on the Barber and Merc !! I have found several silver coins through the years by digging iffy signals too. I think in pounded parks, digging those signals allow you to find good targets that others have missed.
Thanks, that is very true. I also like to dig them if they are deep. I often get fooled by very small targets and iron, but it can be rewarding.

Congrats on the great hunt. Curious as to if the Barber rang up any higher than what it did when it was in the ground. 10" deep that is impressive for a dime. What settings were you using?
Good question. I will have to test it. With the Nox, I was in Park 1 GB Zero power 25. Unless I am hunting trashy areas, I just turn it on and go.

Congrats , it's always great to eke out a silver from a hard hunted park . Two really great coins is even better especially when one is the elusive Barber .Bravo ! :yes:
Thank you and yes, those Barbers are elusive.

Very nice, congrats!
Thank you. Best of luck to you...

Back
Top Bottom