Great App for Finding Landowners

wg2020

Hi All,

Longtime lurker and new member from SW Ohio - though new to the area asI just returned from working the past 3 years in Europe where the detecting was unreal. Being new to Ohio, I found it challenging to find out the owners of fields I wanted to detect (without having to look up the property records one by one online or at Assessors’ Office. I discovered the the “onX” app which turned out to be a great way to find out who owns the property you want to detect. All you have to do is click on the property on their map and it tells you who owns the property and their address. There is annual charge of $29.99 for one state or $99.99. In addition to providing you the name of the property owner and their address, it has GPS and waypoint functions, mapping functions, weather, and a number of other additional functions. They also offer a free 7-day trial period - a great way to try it out to see if you like it. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Note to forum administrators: I apologize if we are not allowed to post about outside applications.

Welcome aboard!

The onX application is great. There is another subscription option... If you have the one state option at $29.99, you can purchase elite by the month at $14.99. This works great if you rarely venture outside your home state and don't want to spend the $99 for a full year of elite status.

It's a good app, but I would much rather look at my states GIS website for free :laughing: not sure all states have this software available though.

I use the county engineers office tax map.
Has all the information. Even when the house was built.
Has all the local government owned land too.

It is a good app! Although like others mentioned. Landowner information is usually available for free through a county gis site. Those sites can be clunky, slow, or not very mobile friendly and rarely will allow you to pinpoint your location as easily as onx.
Also, if you are not in your home territory doing reconnaissance it is a lot easier to figure things out.

Thankfully I am usually detecting with someone that already has a subscription so I don't need my own..

Oh, welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom