My 2018 SoCal Silver And Other Highlights

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
I was out of the country visiting my girlfriend in Norway over the holidays so just getting around to posting my 2018 highlights. I ended up finding 184 silver coins, 949 wheat pennies, 31 pieces of sterling silver and 1 gold ring. Plus enjoy some of my other relics and tokens. I also had my best indian head penny year finding 7 which is pretty tough to do here in Southern California and also found my third seated coin of my career. Another highlight was a key date 1923s SLQ.

Happy new year.
Jason

Attachments

• IMG_9966.jpg
    IMG_9966.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_9963.jpg
    IMG_9963.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_9969.jpg
    IMG_9969.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_9971.jpg
    IMG_9971.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_9973.jpg
    IMG_9973.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 463
Jamflicker, you keep forgetting: Yours and Dan's show & tell posts/finds don't count. Because you guys are robots. It's not fair to compare your tallies to mere mortals.

That would be like if a computer beat you at Chess. You wouldn't tell the computer "congratulations". Because, after all, it's just a computer. It's just a machine. Hence, there will be no "atteboys" for you guys. Sorry :no:

Awesome year and amazing finds Jason! Nice job! I always like your pictures

I look at these finds and know it was a great year. With the time spent in the love commute, your love of your son and baseball, it's a wonder you find time to get out. Nothing but respect and applause along with a richly deserved congrats on one really fine year. Trapper

Congrats on another amazing year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jason that is an amazing display of your year and AWESOME photography.

I don't usually show my wife forum finds but she HAD to see this one.. She was in shock and awe and said it was truly AMAZING !!

Congrats on a Stellar year and hope 19 treats you even better !!!

P.S Tom may be 1/2 right .. I personally think you may be a Cyborg :?:

The only word that comes to mind is Treasure.
Your display and wrap up is glorious Jam.
Thanks for taking the time to lay it all out .
Congradulations on the oldies and pretty cool that you could scrounge up both halfs of those cut coins 👀
Wow!
,Dew

Well done, that's a great collection for one year! Do you clean the silvers in any way or do they come that clean out the ground? The .925 silvers I dig are usually badly tarnished (grey/black). Good luck for the new year! :)

Last edited:
I’m thinking,”This cat lives in Cali,has a treasure pile AND a girl in NORWAY?? I do indeed have ALOT to learn!:lol:
And what Dew said...to find pieces of one coin to make it complete...pretty good! Several of them?? That’s just supernatural!
You are one of about 10 people I can think of right off the bat who have used FBS and ONLY FBS for 95-100% of their hunting and this picture, or something VERY similar, shows up year after year after year after year...because it TAKES that kind of dedication to the machine.
This isn’t 3-6” stuff here people! These aren’t “virgin site” or “lightly hunted” finds. As you might be able to elaborate better Jason,I haven’t run into a “lightly hunted” site except for ONE that had silver coins to speak of,I can’t believe you have ANY.
What I’m saying is....it’s just IMPRESSIVE. If that picture doesn’t capture the attention of some,well...I don’t know. It’s a great pic,I know that!:grin:

Amazing lifetime collection, much less for one year.
Thanks!
Jamflicker, you keep forgetting: Yours and Dan's show & tell posts/finds don't count. Because you guys are robots. It's not fair to compare your tallies to mere mortals.

That would be like if a computer beat you at Chess. You wouldn't tell the computer "congratulations". Because, after all, it's just a computer. It's just a machine. Hence, there will be no "atteboys" for you guys. Sorry :no:
Haha, When I get that detector in my hands the computer program in the brain switches on.
You had a very great year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks CW!
Awesome year and amazing finds Jason! Nice job! I always like your pictures
Thanks Tom, I appreciate it.
An awesome year JF, definitely something to be proud of!

I look at these finds and know it was a great year. With the time spent in the love commute, your love of your son and baseball, it's a wonder you find time to get out. Nothing but respect and applause along with a richly deserved congrats on one really fine year. Trapper
Thanks Trapper for the kind words. I have found a good balance in life with all the things I love.
Congrats on another amazing year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy!
Wow!!! Nice work.
Thanks
Jason that is an amazing display of your year and AWESOME photography.

I don't usually show my wife forum finds but she HAD to see this one.. She was in shock and awe and said it was truly AMAZING !!

Congrats on a Stellar year and hope 19 treats you even better !!!

P.S Tom may be 1/2 right .. I personally think you may be a Cyborg :?:
Thanks bud, glad you and your wife enjoyed the post and photos.
The only word that comes to mind is Treasure.
Your display and wrap up is glorious Jam.
Thanks for taking the time to lay it all out .
Congradulations on the oldies and pretty cool that you could scrounge up both halfs of those cut coins 👀
Wow!
,Dew
Thanks Dew!
Man Jam!!!! Congrats on a great 2018!!!!
Thanks!
I’m thinking,”This cat lives in Cali,has a treasure pile AND a girl in NORWAY?? I do indeed have ALOT to learn!:lol:
And what Dew said...to find pieces of one coin to make it complete...pretty good! Several of them?? That’s just supernatural!
You are one of about 10 people I can think of right off the bat who have used FBS and ONLY FBS for 95-100% of their hunting and this picture, or something VERY similar, shows up year after year after year after year...because it TAKES that kind of dedication to the machine.
This isn’t 3-6” stuff here people! These aren’t “virgin site” or “lightly hunted” finds. As you might be able to elaborate better Jason,I haven’t run into a “lightly hunted” site except for ONE that had silver coins to speak of,I can’t believe you have ANY.
What I’m saying is....it’s just IMPRESSIVE. If that picture doesn’t capture the attention of some,well...I don’t know. It’s a great pic,I know that!:grin:
Thanks for the kind words Kevin! As you said, all these finds came from spots pounded by countless people over the years. Pulling silver from these spots is tough and something I am proud of being able to do.
Well done, that's a great collection for one year! Do you clean the silvers in any way or do they come that clean out the ground? The .925 silvers I dig are usually badly tarnished (grey/black). Good luck for the new year! :)
Thanks! Yes, I clean most of the silver as it comes out usually pretty tarnished.

Nice pile of loot. You've got some stellar tokens and random fob's that would be cool to research. You've really managed to salvage some oldies from that SoCal soil. (And AZ sand).

Back
Top Bottom