Finds: Over the rainbow.

Doug

Elite Member
Catching up on the finds from before I went out to the US on vacation and since I have been back in England.

Finds from various farms and fields ranging from stubble, grass and even a failed crop field. Crop now ploughed back in.

Thanks for looking..........Doug.

Gold at the end of the rainbow, yes.
1oXRt1H.jpg

Medieval buckle bottom left.
zywILRf.jpg

Various coins.
0ICNFCk.jpg

Silver bracelet.
QljX5Qp.jpg

Patent number inside, not common?

62NI8Fg.jpg

Dancers.
WYgKz0Q.jpg

oUb5qUu.jpg

Henry 2nd AD1154-1189 'Tealby' cut half penny left.
SANnJFN.jpg

Metal head, statue?
O3aXbXz.jpg

Unknown trade token, I think.
Tn9j4tU.jpg

Roman 2nd-4th century coin left.
IWkim86.jpg

...and yes I did find gold.

I don't recognise any of the gold stamps on this 15K cufflink.
ifUgCMW.jpg

Enjoy your post so much. The rainbow is beautiful .the discoveries are fantastic Do you know the history of the place you hunt?

Nice Finds!! I find it fascinating to id items based on hallmarks, but Im new to this. So, according to the internets:

Your silver bracelet appears to be marked sterling as indicated by the Lion.
The Anchor symbol indicates Birmingham assay office.
And the O would be the date, 1963.

The cufflink is a bit more difficult as I can't see much detail in the image. The one on the right seems to have more detail left in the stamps, if you can get a more clear and closer image, Im happy to poke around a bit and see what I can find.

What a bunch of great finds. Fun stuff!
The "metal head, statue" sure looks like Theodore Roosevelt. Without his glasses on...
Thanks for sharing.
MBV

Amazing finds, the relics and gold are incredible.

I too immediately thought Theodore Roosevelt.

Everyone loves a true "gold at the end of a rainbow" story! Great report full of goods! Is that a dog whistle there, just above the medieval buckle?
Doug, you are well known for not only your impressive finds and great photos of artifacts and coins, but for your amazing ID's of many ancient fragments and indiscernible ancient coins and such. Yet, you are having trouble with patent numbers and British hallmarks? Too easy for ya? :lol:

Everyone loves a true "gold at the end of a rainbow" story! Great report full of goods! Is that a dog whistle there, just above the medieval buckle?
Doug, you are well known for not only your impressive finds and great photos of artifacts and coins, but for your amazing ID's of many ancient fragments and indiscernible ancient coins and such. Yet, you are having trouble with patent numbers and British hallmarks? Too easy for ya? :lol:

Thank you.

Yes it is a dog whistle above the buckle.

The English hallmarks are a common stamp on gold/silver items.

The patent number stamped inside I have never seen before on hallmarked jewellery, since I submitted the photograph a forum member and FB friend suggested the patent was for the clasp? (now broken off)

Enjoy your post so much. The rainbow is beautiful .the discoveries are fantastic Do you know the history of the place you hunt?

Thank you.

Map is 1899.

Photograph taken from the SW corner of the Rectory fence.

The Rectory was once the private residence of the Officer Commanding south west forces England.

rXU5goP.jpg

Nice Finds!! I find it fascinating to id items based on hallmarks, but Im new to this. So, according to the internets:

Your silver bracelet appears to be marked sterling as indicated by the Lion.
The Anchor symbol indicates Birmingham assay office.
And the O would be the date, 1963.

The cufflink is a bit more difficult as I can't see much detail in the image. The one on the right seems to have more detail left in the stamps, if you can get a more clear and closer image, Im happy to poke around a bit and see what I can find.

Thank you.

This is the best I can do, not sure which is up?

Makers mark, WM or MW at the top.

DerSOi1.jpg

Great Gimlis Ghost! Amazing Finds and Ancient Precious metal Hallmarks Doug!! Beautiful pics and a Hunt well documented and written up for us! Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom