Woo Hoo!... Finally made payrolls!

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Raining, so went to one of my banks. Teller who said her dad collects silver and has several buckets full wasn't there...Check! Asked the girl behind the counter. ""Got any fifty cent rolls?"..."Yep!"... Check! "How many you want"..."How many you got?"..."Exactly $450 worth!".....Hmm???...She knows exactly!...Might not be good?......It's raining!.... What the hell?!..."I'll be back for them in an hour after I get some cash!"..."I'll be here 'til 5:30!"...."Cool!"
First couple rolls. Nothing! Took $30 to my drop bank for some gas:lol: Weird several of them had a black line under Kennedy. Posted just one of them. Told myself about another $1000 in halves if I don't hit silver i'm switching to quarters! BINGO! Found a 1965 and 1969 in the rolls. One roll pictured is what they all looked like. Didn't post a before hunt because I've been disappointed every hunt and never found anything. If someone searched these they were just looking for 1964's:lol: Guess i'm not ready to hang up searching halves yet! WOOT!!!

Attachments

• SAM_0736.jpg
    SAM_0736.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 401
  • SAM_0738.jpg
    SAM_0738.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 374
  • SAM_0739.jpg
    SAM_0739.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 382
I sometimes get lucky when using the coin machine at car washes. Have found a few silver quarters in the mix when I used to have to get quarters to do laundry.

*Sigh* Man I hated using coin-op laundry.

*Sigh* Man I hated using coin-op laundry.

Yeah me too! Especially the dryer's! Spent more quarters than I will ever find trying to dry just a small load. I do decent at my drop bank I use the coin machine at. Yet to find silver coins. But found gold and silver jewelry. And loads of foreign coins. Including old ones. Find lots of rejected wheats people throw in the trash box. Came close one day. The guy in front of me almost forgot his rejects. He was pulling out the change and a quarter hit the floor. I already knew it was silver from the noise. At least he showed it to me.:lol:

Congrats! If the halves are in those types of machine rolls, the tellers have not hunted them, unless there was an ender and they bought the roll! HA HA

Good to know! Usually they are in a different type roll. And when I find the bicentennials already in their own rolls I know its a bad sign. Gonna give them some time to restock. Tellers at this bank seem to be hesitant every time I ask about ordering me a $1000 worth. My drop bank gets excited seeing me toting halves. Guess they still don't know I been searching them. Must think I lost a relative with a basement full of halves:laughing:

Congrats! If the halves are in those types of machine rolls, the tellers have not hunted them, unless there was an ender and they bought the roll! HA HA

I've seen plenty of the rolls opened and put back together. They typically have a looser crimp on one side but there are at least 2 people who hunt the same general areas I hunt that go through boxes and re-wrap the coins in the machine rolls. If you get them and they look loose or just not right - they may already be searched.

I've seen plenty of the rolls opened and put back together. They typically have a looser crimp on one side but there are at least 2 people who hunt the same general areas I hunt that go through boxes and re-wrap the coins in the machine rolls. If you get them and they look loose or just not right - they may already be searched.

Fortunately KT has never come across, to His Royal Knowledge, a rerolled box of halves. All boxes KT gets are glue sealed and have tight rolls, unless the Loomis guy drops a box and then the bank people get upset at him cause they have to count the rolls and retape the box. The few times this has happened the tellers have told me about it and said, Why does the Loomis employee not take better care? :laughing::laughing: KT knows why...cause he hates those heavy boxes, especially having to rangle with 5 of them every time!

Fortunately KT has never come across, to His Royal Knowledge, a rerolled box of halves. All boxes KT gets are glue sealed and have tight rolls, unless the Loomis guy drops a box and then the bank people get upset at him cause they have to count the rolls and retape the box. The few times this has happened the tellers have told me about it and said, Why does the Loomis employee not take better care? :laughing::laughing: KT knows why...cause he hates those heavy boxes, especially having to rangle with 5 of them every time!

Oh KT, i have found sooooo many of your posts "helpful" lol

Back
Top Bottom