Recent finds

TerryEastTexas

Forum Supporter
I hooked up with my new hunting pard, Bobwillhunt, for a couple of hunts. One in a field I've been hunting for a while and another at a old home site where I found the dog tag. I've found lots of shotgun shells at the field this is the first UMC New Club. UMC made shells from 1867-1911. The compacts were cool. The bullet with the O I can't ID. It's diameter is slightly smaller than a .44. I cant tell the length due to it missing part of it. I'm also not sure about the thing top left. I found it at a different field. I'd appreciate any help with them.

Attachments

• 100_0695.jpg
    100_0695.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 220
Terry the compacks are nice!
My guess on the item top left is that it's part of a buckle of some sort. The 4 prongs would have been clamped onto leather or cloth. :?: As far as the rounds.. I am afraid I am little help there.
Nice hunt.

Jeff

UMC is still making cartridges. They sell them at Wally World. However, I have not seen any shotshells.

I was thinking the same thing as OkieDigger, I would be cleaning up that compact trying to get it open. Nice Day !!!

Terry, I used to own a 41 cal. Ruger handgun. I had a 44 mag rifle as well. The Cartridges looked similar and the weight gr. were available 170 to 240. They both made a nasty hole... Did you get the compacts open?..Gil

OkieDigger said:
You need to open those compacts up and check for some gold :D
OD, there was only dried makeup. No gold. ARGH!
angellionel said:
Cool finds Terry. Is the dog tag dated?
Angel, it's a 1961.
grinsebring said:
Terry, I used to own a 41 cal. Ruger handgun. I had a 44 mag rifle as well. The Cartridges looked similar and the weight gr. were available 170 to 240. They both made a nasty hole... Did you get the compacts open?..Gil
Gil, I bet they did. Kinda of a Dirty Harry big. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom