• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

And So It Begins

Numil

Elite Member
Its a New year and the start of trying to meet my detecting goals set on New Year's Day. Last year I didn't come close to meeting my goals but this year will be different (I hope). Found my first gold of the New Year so that at least takes the pressure off of getting started.

Yesterday I got out for a couple hours for some dry/wet sand hunting. I'm still taking it easy on my shoulder since I had surgery a couple months ago. The hunt yielded a tiny silver toe ring, a broken gold ring and some medieval torture looking junker ring (all triangles and points). It amazes me what some people will wear.

There were no stamps or info on the gold ring and I figure those were lost with the missing piece of the gold band. It felt heavy for its size so when I got home I did an acid test on it. It held strongly versus the 10K acid and help but faded over time on the 14K acid test. Conclusion its 3.5 grams of 14K with a tiny diamond chip which also tested positive.

Thanks for looking and may you succeed at meeting those New Year's goals no matter what they are. Happy Hunting, Good Luck out there and stay safe.

Attachments

• Broken.jpg
    Broken.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Broken Wt.jpg
    Broken Wt.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Broken2.jpg
    Broken2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 349
:dingding: Congrats on the 14k start! Good luck with the shoulder too!

Back
Top Bottom