If you only could have one metal detector what would it be?

Nox 800 for me. So versatile and easy to swing. It may not be the BEST at any one type of hunting but it will do well in all of them. I can swing it all day and use it on land, fresh water, or salt water so that makes this an easy decision for me. Luckily we can have more than one machine so I will keep my CTX[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's a tough question as I hunt probably equal time in salt water and inland at ranches and haciendas. I guess i would go with an equinox over a ctx only because it seems the equinox is more waterproof than the ctx, however i would prefer the fe co reading of the ctx over the single digit reading on the equinox.
If for some reason I could only hunt water the choice would be an excal hands down.

I’m currently using a Makro Multi Kruzer. I hunt old house sites for coins. I use a Tesoro Cibola for competition hunting. If I could only have one detector, I would choose my Makro Multi Kruzer. It does everything that I need. Great depth, excellent target separation, good target id, fast reaction speed, and light weight.

Just purchased the Anfibio. So it will probably be replacing my mmk.

Last edited:
if I could only pick one it would have to be a PI machine because currently I only hunt for gold nuggets so I would have to choose a Mine Lab GPX 5000 but because of lack of $$$ I would have to settle for a whites TDI

If there can only be one, I would get a ......... Highlander:lol:

Attachments

• Connor-McLeod-Highlander-Christophe-Lambert-a.jpg
    Connor-McLeod-Highlander-Christophe-Lambert-a.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 615
I have owned a lot of them and put lots of time on them as well.. For me

There is no single frequency machine that is accurate at depth that I have seen in my dirt, And that is super important to me.

#1 equinox 800. It does most things really well. Most well rounded machine for a do it all configuration IMO . Decent accuracy at depth in horrible dirt( not on CTX level though) Fast, Deep and you can hunt iron infested sights no problem.

#2 CTX 3030, Just such a great coin machine period, Awesome. I have 1000's of hrs on mine and love running this machine over all others. It suffers in the super iron infested sights but not as bad as the etrac..

#3 Deus, This machine works well for separating. If they come out with their own simultaneous multi frequency machine I suspect it could be my favorite. What kills this machine for me in my horrible dirt it is it's horrible accuracy at depth. Can't always dig it all when in sights having old and new mixed.

The fold up ability and 100% wireless is awesome for packing away for hikes and motorcycle trips.

Exactly why i said Etrac, i just didnt know if i was allowed to elaborate. But it would be nox except for the compact ID range ,, to tight at the nickel slot. It would be CTX but for how cheap the etrac is now used and the massive coil selection ,,, it is why i would have to choose it. just so much more information to be had with fbs. IF they put ferrous and non ferrous numbers on the Nox and expand the ID.... hands down the nox.

well heck, I started the thread, but I am a Friendly MD member, so say as much as you like. Why we like this forum.

You know I have often wondered IF the Equinox gave really good ID's would we miss stuff :?: but since it is "close enough" and gets you wondering.. perhaps we dig more therefore find things others have missed. maybe that is the beauty of the machine after all :lol:

More, and more I am becoming a dig all guy with my 800. Maybe you are on to something. Just got my 15 x 12 coil today and weather is not bad for tomorrow.

Still my 3030, love the Deus, Nox 800, Anfibio but my 3030 cant be matched

J/S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More, and more I am becoming a dig all guy with my 800. Maybe you are on to something. Just got my 15 x 12 coil today and weather is not bad for tomorrow.

maxxkatt, Curious,if you're starting to be a "dig all guy" why not a very deep beep and dig like a Blisstool?

maxxkatt, Curious,if you're starting to be a "dig all guy" why not a very deep beep and dig like a Blisstool?

Learning the 800 has kinda caused me to be a dig all guy when relic hunting.
when coinshooting with the 15" coil I trust the 800, but not when relic hunting at this point in time.

Results of fun survey as of Jan 12, 2019

Here are the results so far as of Jan 12, 2018. A lot of people indicated the type of detecting they favored eg, beach, land, gold nuggets and coins and that seem to mirror their choice of detector’s strong points. Which made total sense.

CTX 3030 – 10
Equinox (both 600/800) – 9 *
Etrac – 7
Xp Deus – 2
Explorer – 2
Multi Kruzer – 2
All others – 1 each

Out of 54 people responding

Several ranked two or three detectors and I only counted the top one.
Not trying to prove at all this detector is better than that detector or even start up that type of thread.

Note: Nox users did not indicate 600 or 800 so lumped them into to just Nox category And had they done so I suspect etrac would be in position #2.

Back
Top Bottom