• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett GTA 1000

DirtyNeckJesse

Elite Member
The other day I saw a Garrett GTA 1000 in a pawn shop. It looked almost new. I have no idea what it costs new and the guy said $200 or make him an offer. I can not find anything online for some reason showing this model. Is it obsolete or what? Has anyone ever heard of the GTA 1000?:?:

It is more than likely a GTAx 1000. They were around 600 new in 93. These units had a surface blank function. You could cancel out the first 2 or 4 inches of junk. I would offer them a little less. If it works that is not a bad deal.

I have a GTA 1000 that I bought used in 1995. When I bought it, I priced them new at around $1200. I tested mine once before storing it away for eight years until last weekend. When I tested it, I threw some coins under a blanket and it told me exactly what they were. I don't know how good that is, really, but I was impressed.

my first machine was a GTA 1000 that i bought new in 92' or 93' for 650 bucks, it worked great and i ran that machine until i upgraded to the gti 1500 about 5 yrs ago, then i sold my GTA to a friend for 200 bucks. i'd say if its in good shape 200 bucks is a great deal

Thanks for the feedback folks! it may take a few weeks to save up the cash, but I would like to have the GTX I believe!

I bought mine in the 90's and still use it as my backup to my AT Pro. Found alot of stuff with it. I was out messing around with it last Fall at a local school and found a nice chunk of gold jewelry with it. I don't think I would part with it. I have a young grandson coming up and this would be a great detector for him to learn on since there is hardly any curve to it. Offer the Pawn Shop a little less. All he can say is no. This time of year I would think that they would be wanting to keep the cash flowing. Good Luck !

I also have a possible opportunity to get a very nice Teknetics Delta 4000 for $150. If I can I will get that one because I know it was only used two times and by a friend. Either way I will be getting a good machine. Thanks for your replies folks. Good info available from the great people here on this forum!

Offer the Pawn Shop a little less. All he can say is no. This time of year I would think that they would be wanting to keep the cash flowing. Good Luck ![/QUOTE said:
I will offer 100 but would go to 150 if needed. Not knowing if it is working properly I really want to stay on the low end of that.

If it is the Power Master version it might be worth it. The Power Master was supposed to have improved on the surface blanking feature and an added increase of 20% sensitivity over the previous gta 1000. If you can get the Delta 4000, go for that instead.

If it is the Power Master version it might be worth it. The Power Master was supposed to have improved on the surface blanking feature and an added increase of 20% sensitivity over the previous gta 1000. If you can get the Delta 4000, go for that instead.

That's the plan as of now. I just can't get the lady to make up her mind! :no:

Garrett GTA1000

Hi.. I have had one of these for over twenty-three years, since new. Never have been able to figure out how to make it operate smoothly enough to enjoy it. Had it in a corn field near old army campsites from 1850's. It will fool you in any soil... it will detect any and all metal, that's it... never tell you what it might be... I paid over $1100 for it new, no one wants them today. I was told the eight batteries in it is worth more than the machine with BOTH coils and I just bought the small coil five months ago for $80.00 on eBay. The machine is terribly 'bump sensitive', drives you crazy! Do NOT buy one.

Back
Top Bottom