CRH finds me 2 Errors

Pokeplayer101

Elite Member
I got $12 in Nickels and $1 in Pennies from the bank. 3 of the nickel rolls were customer rolled. And both the penny rolls were too. Unfortunatly they have all been marked which led me to think that someone already hunted the rolls. But they missed 2 error.

First is a 1999 P Nickel. Take a look at the rim. It is mis-angled.

Second is a 1970 D Penny. I believe this is an error because the D mint mark is much lower that usual.

So what are they worth.

P.S. My oldest coin that I found was a 1952 Nickel. Nothing much else.

Attachments

• IMG_3786.jpg
    IMG_3786.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_3787.jpg
    IMG_3787.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 286
I may be wrong, but I believe that dies were still aligned by hand in the 1970's. That leaves room for human error on the mint mark. Not significant...

I hate to say it friend, but they are not errors...

The nickle isn't enough misaligned to be considered an error and the D is where it belongs :)

Keep searching though... you'll find all kinds of goodies.

Attachments

• lamerrordime.jpg
    lamerrordime.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 163
  • clippeddime.jpg
    clippeddime.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 158
There are lots of errors and even lots of varieties out there. So 2 out of 340 is very possible. But do some research on mintmark placement. There is no set spot. Yes, low ones are rare but it is not an error. Some people do collect these. It's more of a oddity than anything else.
The nickel is a small error. You need a bigger portion of the fields to be missing before it's worth anything. But people collect these as well.

Back
Top Bottom