• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The last box saved this weeks CRH!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, from the title you can tell KT was batting zero for silvers in the 1st 4 boxes this week and it was beginning to look like a blank for the hunt, other than another 1996 grease-filled die error, when along came box 5. :snapoutofit:

But box 5 saved the day as KT recovered 3 40%Ag Kens and 2 2011 NIFC clad!

KT now only lacks 2 to finish that 2011 roll for the year!

Here are the pictures to prove up the die error and the silver!

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Attachments

• CRH 06 03 2021 3 1968 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 06 03 2021 3 1968 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 377
  • CRH 06 03 2021 1996 grease-filled die error.jpg
    CRH 06 03 2021 1996 grease-filled die error.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 386
Congrats King! Nice grab on the die error and the 40%'s look to be in good condition. On the NIFC's you save, do you save a "D" and a "P" (mink mark) roll from each year or just by the year itself?

Congrats King! Nice grab on the die error and the 40%'s look to be in good condition. On the NIFC's you save, do you save a "D" and a "P" (mink mark) roll from each year or just by the year itself?

Thanks Chuck B for your question, just the year, not particular about mint markings...and if His Majesty comes across a S mint for those years, it gets checked to be silver or not, if not, then it goes in a separate Proof roll! :lol::lol:

And yes, despite the crappy images, the coins are nice! Royal Camera acting up again! :p:p I dip them in a sterling silver cleaner if they are 40%ers, but no cleaning if they are older 90%ers. These three had a strange very pale greenish tinge to them, but it cleaned right off. The cleaner can be purchased at the Jewelry Counter at Target...comes in a maroon jar with a plastic basket inside for placing coins, rings, etc. to be cleaned.

Thanks Chuck B for your question, just the year, not particular about mint markings...and if His Majesty comes across a S mint for those years, it gets checked to be silver or not, if not, then it goes in a separate Proof roll! :lol::lol:

And yes, despite the crappy images, the coins are nice! Royal Camera acting up again! :p:p I dip them in a sterling silver cleaner if they are 40%ers, but no cleaning if they are older 90%ers. These three had a strange very pale greenish tinge to them, but it cleaned right off. The cleaner can be purchased at the Jewelry Counter at Target...comes in a maroon jar with a plastic basket inside for placing coins, rings, etc. to be cleaned.

Royal camera... :laughing: Now I shall present to you, ROYAL CHAIR! ROYAL SOCKS! ROYAL COIN ROLL! :lol:

Nice hunt, KT! It seems like the last box is always up to something... :D

Josh

I always had this question, but what do you use coin tubes for? If it's that rare why not get it graded?

Josh

Nothing KT has collected is that rare, the silver coins are circulated, value is silver content only. Coin tubes are cheaper for organizing bulk coinage than sleeves. And KT would not send any coin in for grading unless it was very pristine looking and rare mintage. Very few of them ever to be recovered from circulation. Remember once they go through a bank coin machine and are rolled they are circulated...best you can say is that they are AU...almost uncirculated. KT's storage is 90% Ag, 40% Ag, Oddities, Proofs, and NIFCs by the year...2002 - 2021.

I have a question if you can excuse my ignorance, you say boxes, do you grid your search areas? I only ask because I'm about to do an abandoned train station, and was considering gridding it out so I dont miss anything.

I have a question if you can excuse my ignorance, you say boxes, do you grid your search areas? I only ask because I'm about to do an abandoned train station, and was considering gridding it out so I dont miss anything.

No Problem, Bioheat1969! Me thinks ye have misinterpreted KT's Royal Efforts. KT used to be an MDer until the Royal Knees when over to the dark side and now prevent KT from metal detecting...easy to get down, darned near impossible to get back up! :lol::lol::lol: KT is a coin roll hunter...that is the title of this subsection of the Forum...CRHing. KT purchases boxes of halves from a bank, searches them, and dumps them, once a week. Since you have not been in the Forum long, His Majesty certainly understands your misunderstanding of what KT does. Boxes are just that...boxes...of halves. $500 face value. KT usually gets 5 a week so He is searching through 5000 halves a week to get a recovery....sometimes good, sometimes not, but they are all reported here in the CRH subsection.

Hope this clears it up for you! Have a great day!:D:D

It does!! Thank you for answering and enlightening my ignorance. I never even thought of doing what you do, sounds rather fun. Good luck in your continued search

Hi KT,
I have not been on ( or posted obviously) in a while. The bank shut downs etc. had me out of CRH for a period but I am now back at it as well. ((Albeit only one box per for me). This past week I was fortunate enough to find one 90% 1964 Kennedy. Very pleased with that. I also found a grease filled die 1989p. It is the first I have found and I’m assuming I am correct in it being just that. Without hi jacking your thread I’m interested in your take. Is that what I have and is it relatively rare ?
Thanks

Attachments

• A8A8680B-D8B1-4C26-B370-AA40BE9BE460.jpg
    A8A8680B-D8B1-4C26-B370-AA40BE9BE460.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 02A0D713-45F3-4193-B201-CC6816701827.jpg
    02A0D713-45F3-4193-B201-CC6816701827.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 201
Hi KT,
I have not been on ( or posted obviously) in a while. The bank shut downs etc. had me out of CRH for a period but I am now back at it as well. ((Albeit only one box per for me). This past week I was fortunate enough to find one 90% 1964 Kennedy. Very pleased with that. I also found a grease filled die 1989p. It is the first I have found and I’m assuming I am correct in it being just that. Without hi jacking your thread I’m interested in your take. Is that what I have and is it relatively rare ?
Thanks

Yup. Looks like a greasy die to me! congrats!

Josh

Hi KT,
Thanks

It sure looks like it to His Majesty! i think coin dealers consider mint errors like this as minor mint errors...certainly not as rare as cuds, double dies, rotated dies, etc.

Back
Top Bottom