Help Me Spend $275 Bass Pro Gift Cards

atomicbrh

Elite Member
I have $275 in Bass Pro gift cards.
All I have now is a Tesoro Silver uMax and a Garrett Pro Pointer.
We might go to the beach once every 3 or 4 years, so it would be used almost exclusively for dry land coins and civil war artifacts.
I am thinking of adding money and purchasing a Garrett AT Pro or not adding money and purchasing a Minelab 340 Vanquish?
Which metal detector would you purchase with gift cards from Bass Pro?

For dry land coins and $275, the Vanquish 440. The 340 just doesn’t have enough features like the onboard pinpoint function and the instant discrimination/all metal button to name two that the 340 doesn’t have.

For civil war relics in open fields without too much trash.......the Vanquish 440 might work. It certainly is deep enough.

For civil war relics in trashy areas, I would also consider the Nokta Makro Simplex. Bass Pro probably does not sell the Simplex. They might sell the Garrett APEX which I would buy over the AT Pro personally. The APEX costs more than $275...........$425 for the version with out wireless headphones.

All would do fine at a saltwater beach if you ever needed them for that.

Vanquish 440, Simpex, or something else. Those are the options. I also recommend the vanquish 440. Great coinshooter for the money!

Josh

We might go to the beach once every 3 or 4 years, so it would be used almost exclusively for dry land coins and civil war artifacts.
I am thinking of adding money and purchasing a Garrett AT Pro or not adding money and purchasing a Minelab 340 Vanquish?

I imagine you can also use your gift cards at Cabelas you will have to check , may say on back of gift cards. https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en?ds_....ds&msclkid=bad20c3d0c5416733b6a6c976dc2d6cb# they may have some diffrent options but the companies merged a few years back. They used to carry diffrent assortments of detectors and supplies.

I recommend the Vanquish 440 or 540

Just wondering what detector you got and what you think of it.

To follow up.
Once we logged on the website, Bass Pro had some funky, restrictive rules on how we could use the gift cards. They do not allow more than 5 cards to be used at a time and do not allow the purchase of larger dollar amount gift cards with smaller gift cards or the purchase of e-card gift cards with existing gift cards. We bought a Garrett AT Pro. Then logged out and logged back on and bought a Vanquish 340 with the remaining gift cards. We had to add money to both purchases but those two detectors seemed like they would fill some gaps for us. We seriously considered the Equinox 600 even though we would have had to add more money than we added with the AT Pro. It was a tough decision because by the time we added a RnB Battery and charger we were almost up to the Nox 600 price. The 340 was purchased because there was simply nothing we wanted at Bass Pro but we needed to get rid of those gift cards. We reasoned that the 340 will serve Mrs. atomicbrh well because she is rough on equipment, likes simple detectors, wanted a detector for the rare beach trips and is a good loaner to people that give us permission to detect their property. Plus, if somebody destroys it, $200 is fairly cheap in today's world. We also installed a RnB battery pack on the 340. The AT Pro may be kind of dated for the price but we never owned one before and wanted to see what it was like. Also, we feel like the AT Pro is one of the more durable detectors if we get caught in a wet situation. We are keeping our Tesoro. It has been a great detector and to us, one of the most comfortable, ergonomically to swing. The main thing is we ridded ourselves of those pesky cards from a store we do not frequent and have two more working detectors. We have not used these two detectors enough to give an adequate review. We made sure they function for warranty purposes. It is simply too hot here with too many bugs and snakes to detect. Once Fall arrives, we will begin hunting.
Thanks to all who gave us advice.
(Note: The return address label was actually from Cabela's as davidlhyde replied. Perhaps Bass Pro stocked detectors because of Cabela's input or previously existing inventory.)

Where is this snake-infested too hot place you call home?

I think you will be very happy with those machines. The V340 can detect way above its low price. And the AT PRO has a long history of finding great stuff.

I considered one as i wanted the waterproof feature. I ended up with the Simplex+ because it was more affordable to get waterproof headphones than the AT PRO.

But the Simplex+ was probably off the table for you if Bass Pro Shop doesn't carry it.

Please let us know how you like your choices when you get to use them.

To follow up.
Once we logged on the website, Bass Pro had some funky, restrictive rules on how we could use the gift cards. They do not allow more than 5 cards to be used at a time and do not allow the purchase of larger dollar amount gift cards with smaller gift cards or the purchase of e-card gift cards with existing gift cards. We bought a Garrett AT Pro. Then logged out and logged back on and bought a Vanquish 340 with the remaining gift cards. We had to add money to both purchases but those two detectors seemed like they would fill some gaps for us. We seriously considered the Equinox 600 even though we would have had to add more money than we added with the AT Pro. It was a tough decision because by the time we added a RnB Battery and charger we were almost up to the Nox 600 price. The 340 was purchased because there was simply nothing we wanted at Bass Pro but we needed to get rid of those gift cards. We reasoned that the 340 will serve Mrs. atomicbrh well because she is rough on equipment, likes simple detectors, wanted a detector for the rare beach trips and is a good loaner to people that give us permission to detect their property. Plus, if somebody destroys it, $200 is fairly cheap in today's world. We also installed a RnB battery pack on the 340. The AT Pro may be kind of dated for the price but we never owned one before and wanted to see what it was like. Also, we feel like the AT Pro is one of the more durable detectors if we get caught in a wet situation. We are keeping our Tesoro. It has been a great detector and to us, one of the most comfortable, ergonomically to swing. The main thing is we ridded ourselves of those pesky cards from a store we do not frequent and have two more working detectors. We have not used these two detectors enough to give an adequate review. We made sure they function for warranty purposes. It is simply too hot here with too many bugs and snakes to detect. Once Fall arrives, we will begin hunting.
Thanks to all who gave us advice.
(Note: The return address label was actually from Cabela's as davidlhyde replied. Perhaps Bass Pro stocked detectors because of Cabela's input or previously existing inventory.)

Based on your needs, those are pretty good choices.

From what I hear, the AT Pro/Max are true waterproof detectors (up to depth limits, of course).

I think you will be very happy with those machines. The V340 can detect way above its low price. And the AT PRO has a long history of finding great stuff.

I considered one as i wanted the waterproof feature. I ended up with the Simplex+ because it was more affordable to get waterproof headphones than the AT PRO.

But the Simplex+ was probably off the table for you if Bass Pro Shop doesn't carry it.

Please let us know how you like your choices when you get to use them.
The Simplex+ most likely would have been our choice also, but Bass Pro unfortunately does not sell them. We are located in Central Mississippi. Fire ants, mosquitoes and every variety of snake make summer detecting unpleasant here except for the few mowed park areas we can hit. All of our bodies of water have muddy bottoms and silt to the point that everything in the water is done by feel and not by sight.

My wife is from Arkansas, sounds the same in both places. I love clear Michigan lakes with sandy bottoms.

If i were in Mississippi i would try to sniff around old farm sites for relics.

Back
Top Bottom