• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Monday Hunt at Silver Beach, St. Joe Michigan

gtodude

This past Monday my son and I went to St. Joseph to do some beach hunting. We got there early and there was only 1 fellow detectorist there. After a couple hours, there were more guys with detectors than I have ever seen on SW Florida beaches! :shock: After hunting the dry sand for about 5 hours, we called it quits and left with $8.83 in clad, a matchbox car, a piece of copper which looks to be part of a girls hair clip and a little girls cupcake ring. Unfortunately the ring wasn't silver but still a decent day of hunting. We were digging coins anywhere from fresh drops to almost a foot deep.

I'm not sure if anyone from here was there, but everyone kind of minded their own business and did their own thing. I said hi to a couple guys that came near us but neither are members so I invited them to visit FMDF. :D

Sorry about the grainy picture, I need to find a way to resize pics from my iPhone without making them look all goofy. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_7732.JPG
    IMG_7732.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 236
I did notice that many of the guys out there on the dry sand must not want to get their coils sandy because most of them were not scrubbing the beach. They had their coil at least 6 inches off of the sand, not that I am judging but that would explain the depth of my finds being somewhere between 4-10 inches deep.

It was quite interesting watching the park guys groom the beach. It made for an easy way to grid the beach as we detected, when we left you could see our tracks over a great majority of the beach. :laughing: It almost looked like an archaeological dig happened there. :D

Back
Top Bottom