• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Strangest token I have seen or found.

Mg240

I found this with my AT Pro last year at a great home site. The war nickel is for size reference, however I did find it nearby. The token is brass, I think. It says C.B & Co. 4 cents. Counter stamped J.H. There was a farm there from the 1850's-1970's.
e68b62c76d54d3807acc4b02c5a0a997.jpg
01fe07791d41d6005cd7b19b4796bf04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Could it be related to money paid to pickers? Maybe they redeemed them for actual money after the crop picking was done, and they got one of those for every x baskets/bushels/whatevers they picked.

-- Tom

Could it be related to money paid to pickers? Maybe they redeemed them for actual money after the crop picking was done, and they got one of those for every x baskets/bushels/whatevers they picked.

-- Tom

That's what I was thinking too.

-- Tom

Good thinking Tom. I think you're on to something.

Nice find.

Not sure, But it seems to be either a marker for sapling trunks used for wagon wheel spokes and the price, or a token used as a payment voucher for the same. The C.B & Co. listed appears to be a carriage/wagon manufacturer out of Connecticut - Norwich. At least that is the only listing I could find. And they did buy timber from Ohio as well as other areas.

Back
Top Bottom