Older FBS Detector Value

medicchief

Forum Supporter
Seems to me that the NOX and Vanquish series are affecting older FBS values. It may just be the season, who knows. Now seems to be a good time to pick up an Etrac or Explorer, if someone is looking to add one to their arsenal. A lot of coils on the market too. Timeless machines, for now anyway...

Last edited:
I would have purchase an Explorer yesterday for a great price but it is just too heavy for me with my RA. They are great machines and I have used several of them in the past.

Seems to me that the NOX and Vanquish series are affecting older FBS values. It may just be the season, who knows. Now seems to be a good time to pick up an Etrac or Explorer, if someone is looking to add one to their arsenal. A lot of coils on the market too. Timeless machines, for now anyway...

I would have purchase an Explorer yesterday for a great price but it is just too heavy for me with my RA. They are great machines and I have used several of them in the past.

Some unbelievable prices for sure on Etracs an Explorer and now even a CTX . Woodbutchers EX2 is now down to $275 ,heck the coil alone would fetch $100 easily .If I weren't neck deep in detectors I would jump at one of these .

Some unbelievable prices for sure on Etracs an Explorer and now even a CTX . Woodbutchers EX2 is now down to $275 ,heck the coil alone would fetch $100 easily .If I weren't neck deep in detectors I would jump at one of these .

I paid around $1000 for mine back in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have similar issues and my Explorer isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is a little heavier but ergonomics are still good. I keep the coil closer to me while detecting and it helps. Reaching is what I have to avoid. I sold my NOX 800 because it screwed with my serratus and intercostal muscles. I think I just didn't give my body/mind enough time to adapt to it and now wish I had another one!

With the Equinox going up in price and the Explorer and Etrac lowering in price. It makes you wonder why would anybody want to pay a higher price for a detector that will not do as good as the FBS detectors.

With the Equinox going up in price and the Explorer and Etrac lowering in price. It makes you wonder why would anybody want to pay a higher price for a detector that will not do as good as the FBS detectors.

Graybeard don't you have an 800? I have an etrac with two extra coils in the classifieds I will trade you for it.

I'm thinking about an FBS detector, but I'm confused with all the types. In order of approximate cost and level of advanced features, there's the:

CTX 3030
Etrac
Explorer SE
Safari
Explorer II
Explorer

Can anyone tell me what I got wrong in my rankings list?

I'm thinking about an FBS detector, but I'm confused with all the types. In order of approximate cost and level of advanced features, there's the:

CTX 3030
Etrac
Explorer SE
Safari
Explorer II
Explorer

Can anyone tell me what I got wrong in my rankings list?

Looks good, but I’d say the EX2 is more advanced than the safari.

All fbs machines are the only true coin machine on the market. Lots of middle of the road machines out there, good at alot of things. But FBS anything is still king in my opinion for deep old coins.
As for the rank,I prefer the explorer SE over all of them.Personal preference,sounds are better than etrac and I never saw a find I made with the etrac that the SE wouldn't have found.
I don't swing slow, and I don't whip the coil either. I count to 3 from side to side swing with all my machines,and the fbs don't struggle imo.
I like the safari, but I would also put any of the explorer models in front of it in a lineup. Just because they're more adjustment to be made. But the safari will find anything the explorer will ,I'm sure.
Buyers market for fbs, and it won't be that way for long I don't think. Newer models have come and gone, but fbs is always in play and demand. I had a explorer 2 up at a dirt cheap price, but for whatever reason it didn't sell. No problem,I'm glad I pulled it, just the nicest tones and as deep or deeper than anything on the market. Built to last,FBS

All fbs machines are the only true coin machine on the market. Lots of middle of the road machines out there, good at alot of things. But FBS anything is still king in my opinion for deep old coins.
As for the rank,I prefer the explorer SE over all of them.Personal preference,sounds are better than etrac and I never saw a find I made with the etrac that the SE wouldn't have found.
I don't swing slow, and I don't whip the coil either. I count to 3 from side to side swing with all my machines,and the fbs don't struggle imo.
I like the safari, but I would also put any of the explorer models in front of it in a lineup. Just because they're more adjustment to be made. But the safari will find anything the explorer will ,I'm sure.
Buyers market for fbs, and it won't be that way for long I don't think. Newer models have come and gone, but fbs is always in play and demand. I had a explorer 2 up at a dirt cheap price, but for whatever reason it didn't sell. No problem,I'm glad I pulled it, just the nicest tones and as deep or deeper than anything on the market. Built to last,FBS

Are you saying ALL of the Explorer models (SE, II and "original") have more adjustments than the Safari?

So there's the Explorer, Explorer II, Explorer SE, Explorer S and Explorer XS?

:?:

The whole FBS range in order of release date: Explorer S (not popular) and explorer xs, Explorer 2, Quattro (early version of the safari), Explorer SE, Explorer SE Pro (same as explorer se with new coil), Etrac and Safari, finally CTX 3030. No machine called just the explorer

How much were you asking for?

Took my etrac off the classifieds too. Just awesome machines

The whole FBS range in order of release date: Explorer S (not popular) and explorer xs, Explorer 2, Quattro (early version of the safari), Explorer SE, Explorer SE Pro (same as explorer se with new coil), Etrac and Safari, finally CTX 3030. No machine called just the explorer

That makes sense now, thanks!

Your help is much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom