Looking into a second detector

I bought a Simplex just before the ground froze here and had it out twice. Found a handful of wheat pennies a buff and 2 mercs not to mention clad.. This will be a great compliment to my Explorers.

Really? I was just looking at that yesterday. They advertise it as entry level.

That's the beauty of the newer budget machines like the Vanquish and Simplex, they are in the entry level price range but their performance and depth are outstanding. Both are great machines to own for the novice and even experienced users. The Simplex has has turned out to be an excellent coin and relic hunter for me personally.

It's a great time for anyone looking to get into this hobby right now with these new affordable and very capable machines available.

Good luck with your new Simplex....

I have a nox 800 and vanquish 540 and xp orx. I feel the Vanquish 540 with 10” coil is as good all around as the others.

I recently purchased the Minelab Vanquish 540 pro pack. I really like it and only used the 12"coil. I'm actually going hunting today, decent weather with the 8" coil. From what I'm reading the 10" coil for my type of hunting would be the perfect fit as I hunt mostly school grounds, we have many in our area with some being around for many yrs. The areas are rather trashy, my question with the 10" is does it lose much depth and would it be significantly quieter.

That's the beauty of the newer budget machines like the Vanquish and Simplex, they are in the entry level price range but their performance and depth are outstanding. Both are great machines to own for the novice and even experienced users. The Simplex has has turned out to be an excellent coin and relic hunter for me personally.

It's a great time for anyone looking to get into this hobby right now with these new affordable and very capable machines available.

Good luck with your new Simplex....

Yeah, it cost me $50 more than my bounty hunter land star, but it really feels like it does much more. Of course that's based on nothing but the feeling I have from the experience of using now two machines, and comparing what I see in videos online.

So far, I've found a bunch of clad, a bunch of trash, and a wheat penny with it. But I'm keeping at it as time and life allow. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom