• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello from Long Island NY

Lady Reeler

Hi there,
I just found this forum and I am enjoying it. I've been MD'ing for about a year. I only go on sandy beaches. It seems I do better a smaller beach than the ocean beaches. I dont go in the water.
Most of what I find is coins and sinkers but I did find a mans gold ring with three small diamonds in it. That is my only claim to fame.
Donna

Welcome

Hello Donna and welcome from Texas. It is great to have you aboard. Good luck and happy hunting to you.

Welcome to the forum from northern California. We're glad you joined us.

LI has the BEST bagels in the world!!! Must be the water.

John

Way to go L.R. I have yet to find a gold ring so I'd say your doing pretty darn good. Welcome to the forum, now get out and dig. WOLF

Thank you all for the greetings.
My machine is a Whites Prisim V.
We do have alot of beaches and good bagles in NY.

I just got back from NYC/Long Island a few weeks ago. Was up there on buisness. I got to go out on Coney Island beach, and wasnt really what I expected. Pretty trashy. I didnt get to take my MDer with me, but it seemed that would be a great place to detect. I was talking with you wifes grandfather, and he was telling me how he was stationed there in the army years ago at Manhattan beach, which turned out to be the most eastern part of the beach I was walking on. Plenty of drunk service men walking down that beach, and im sure they dropped tons of stuff.
Welcome from Texas

Justin

Hi Donna,

Oh Geez....I was gonna keep on going to other threads but...You hadda mention the bagels:-)

I haven't had a good bagel since I left Long Island 25 or so years ago:-)

It's funny that just before I did this post, I posted a story about finding links of huge anchor chain at Jones Beach.

How far out east are you? I might be able to remember some good places to go. I used to find a lot of stuff at Robert Moses State Park.

Have Fun,
Bill

PS: I can't find a good pizza either:-)

Hi from LI

I live in Medford which is right in the middle of LI. I was at Rober Moses yesterday. I found .50 cents. But I was really there to go fishing out of Captree. Didn't catch much. Too much sea weed.

Hello from Kansas Lady Reeler! Glad to have another gal on board, they're getting to be quite a few of us now. Maybe we need to start a new social group on the forum! Just kidding! Welcome to the forum, it's a lot of fun to see what other people are finding, and hear all their interesting stories. Cheers!
GiGi

Welcome Donna from Australia. Every little finds add up, and it dosnt seem like your off to a bad start. You know, Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Cheers

Whitey

Welcome from Massachusetts Donna.... you're off to a good start with that ring !
Can you post a picture of it ?

Back
Top Bottom