Explain your Username

I lived in Kyoto, Japan in a house next to the Kamo Gawa. "Kamo Gawa" in Japanese translates to "Duck River" in English. The river runs right through the old capital of Japan. Once a mighty river prone to flooding large areas, it was was slowly tamed over two thousand years to the point where you can now cross it by foot in most places. It is a popular tourist spot for cherry blossom viewing in the spring.

TMI, right? lol

Beautiful city! Second oldest imperial capital city in Japan (Nara is oldest).

Gion District - 03.jpg

Gion District - 04.jpg

Gion District - 01.jpg

Nice pictures! In Nara remember seeing one of the oldest temples in Japan.
It was hard to get the feel for old Japan with the swarms of camera toting tourists in Deer Park.

Do you mean Todaiji Temple? It's quite impressive. And the deer in Nara park are cute as hell. Love the way they bow to you, begging for food.

Do you mean Todaiji Temple? It's quite impressive. And the deer in Nara park are cute as hell. Love the way they bow to you, begging for food.

Yes. The deer were cute, but those crows make it known that they were going to try and get their share of the food people were giving to the deer.

I use this username for several groups and forums I am in. It refers to my fav pro football team But those not in the know just think I'm badass.

mine...dfx-gregg... back when I joined the forum many moons ago the White's DFX was my main detector. Now the Equinox is.

I’m a stereotypical ADHD hobby collector. I tend to find a new hobby, hyperfixate, and not put it down until I “master” it. Then I just rotate through the list every few years from then on out. At any point in time, people in my area know me as a software engineer, a photographer, a cabinetmaker, a home renovator, a magician, a baker, a cyclist, an archer, a metal detector, and on and on it goes. So I’m “that guy again” who seems to be in every forum somewhere.

The Weapons Officer onboard a U.S. Navy warship is called Gun Boss. I served as a Gun Boss as a Navy Mustang Officer on several ships/submarines.

About 35 years ago, I had a serious case of MD Fever. I would hunt, day, night, rain or shine.

Friend once told me that I would Dredge the Sea is I could find a way.

Wow this is a old thread. My name is my location. In case you don’t know what and or where the mason Dixon line is. Mason and Dixon where the surveyors that laid out the line between Maryland Delaware and Pennsylvania in 1765

My avatar is a representation of my first great find.

Personally, I have always been old. Not to get too personal, but throughout childhood none of my peers wanted anything to do with me because I was too mature for my own good. The worst of it lasted until senior year of highschool, but even now it is still there. I am more comfortable talking to a 60 yr old than a 16 year old. When joining this forum, I thought about how I was very possibly the youngest member, and the name Teenage Geezer popped into my head. I thought of others, but this one just stuck. :)

Mine is pretty simple first off I'm from Florida and if you were to see me in person well the big is pretty self explained. That's one thing with this hobby though is that you get a workout. So hopefully at some point I'll be floridalittle.

For many years I would start my day with a large cup of black, unsweetened coffee!! (AKA---"Cupajo")

I would enjoy a second "cuppa" after lunch. It has been my forum name at a couple of forums during the years since and will continue until it's over for me!

After my triple by-pass in 2020 I gave up caffeine and alcohol, but I'm keeping my ID!! :chaplin:

CJ

DEJURE
I was practicing law without a bar card helping people who couldn't afford the price of justice (it really is a purchased thing).
Also, I was working a grand jury (IRS) case at the time. It was back in 92. Well before Matrix and the Net. I took the definition from a Black's Law dictionary (de jure) because I needed a name. So it's been with me for thirty-one years.

Not much more to tell you about my name. Was a member here back in 2018ish with similar name ( SirDigAlot) but 5 years later I decided to log back in but old name didn't work. Since I haven't stopped digging any chance I get I updated new name.

This year has been stellar for me hunting parks and schools closing in on 80 + rings, over 300 bucks in clad plus craploads of other awesome stuff and about a month ago I capped it with a 18K gold ring. Too cold to hunt now so thought I'd hang out here see what's up.

Attachments

• 2376.jpeg
    2376.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231103_150808.jpg
    20231103_150808.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231205_203017.jpg
    20231205_203017.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 17
For me, Ken is of course my name. The "clad" term pops up often and it just seemed to fit. The avatar is an AI rendering. I asked AI for a picture of "Blackbeard the pirate on the Grand Strand of South Carolina". He was known to frequent this area. I just kinda like it. The day I registered my account, I came across a picture of a ball of aluminum foil, displayed as a trophy. Even with no MD experience, I figured out in about 5 minutes aluminum was going to be a most common find.
Image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom