Tek Patriot detector

metaladdict

Elite Member
I was reaquainting myself to this machine (F70)
I was running it in two tones and using a small coil.
It's a good coin sniper at my local high school!
Too much EMI near the street!

Seems like not many people use Fisher/Teknetics but it's fabulously lightweight and balanced!
I will be using it more 👍

I was reaquainting myself to this machine (F70)
I was running it in two tones and using a small coil.
It's a good coin sniper at my local high school!
Too much EMI near the street!

Seems like not many people use Fisher/Teknetics but it's fabulously lightweight and balanced!
I will be using it more 👍

Glad it's working out for you.

Interesting that you are bringing that one back to life. I saw where someone else had questions about that model and the F5, so you're not the only one who has one of those sitting around. You don't hear much from FTP and the websites are being depleted of product.

Monte

metaladdict: said:
It's a great machine now that I have so many years of experience and know what tones to listen for.👍
It is important for us to learn and understand detector audio tones, both the individual tone or pitch, and how it is conveyed to us. I like my single-tone Tesoro's and several other one-tone models through the years. I never liked the "full-tones" audio of the XP Deus or the Fisher F-75 or Teknetics T2 series, nor that function on the Nokta / Makro upper-end models. The only detector I have ever enjoyed using with that wide-range of tones is the White's XLT.

Audio 'quality' of how it is processed is another thing. The Nokta / Makro Multi-Kruzer or Anfibio Multi have 2-Tone and 3-Tone functions like my Nokta FORS CoRe or FORS Relic or the Makro Racer 2, but they just don't sound the same. They are kind of a 'tinny' or 'digital' sounding response and not nearly as pleasant as the models I prefer.

I like the audio tones of one of my favorite Fisher models, the F-5, and I know what you mean about melding with the audio you got used to with the F-70. I hope you enjoy using it because those trusty older Fisher models did find coins and other targets well.

Monte

metaladdict, now you've gone and done it. Just when I figured I'd finish thinning out my excess detectors and not shop for anything that's been around a while, I am looking for a no-longer-offered detector. Not just that, but I am also looking for a probably hard-to-find small elliptical Concentric coil or it.

I had the chance to check out a fisher F-70 and wanted to especially check the small elliptical coil. I know what they can do with the 5" DD, but I'm looking for a small Concentric coil outfit. The owner didn't want to sell it, and that was fine with me because I am not thrilled with the gold colored rod. I think the Tek. Patriot with the black rod set is better looking and that's what I am now after.

The TekneticsDirect.com site shows the Patriot, but no smaller coils. I do find the coils available on the FisherLab.com site. Might have to sell or trade a new Impact w/two extra coils I got right before hospitalization, or my unused 'loaner-unit' Apex to make room in my detector team, for it to fit in.

That will also set me up with another discontinued/outgoing/old-tech detector for me, but hey, if they work and work well for what we need, 'age' doesn't matter. I'll be keeping an eye on the forum to see how the Patriot is doing for you

If you, or any F-70 or Patriot owner, would like to share some off-forum comments with me about those models or smaller coils, please drop me an e-mail to either address as shown below.

Thanks,

Monte

Back
Top Bottom