3 hunts in a week

LongJohnSilver1

Elite Member
It's been a stinking hot 40c kind of week here, so I slipped in 3 hunts knowing there would be a ton of people at the beach.
All the honey holes are sanded in so it's only fresh drops which isn't my normal fair, but I did ok.

Silver on the left, 87 grams worth. The 2 gold looking rings were plated, looked great under water they broke my heart when I got them back to the car. I almost scored an apple watch as well but some local kids beat me to it, diving in from the jetty and swiping it as I was swiming towards it, the rascals.

Gold on the right, all 9k 7 grams grams worth exactly.

Next week, it'll be the Deus 2's turn to be taken out for a trott, who knows what I'll find.

Attachments

• 20220122_123415.jpg
    20220122_123415.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 455
I like that pile of silver pix. For some reason, chains always look so nice !

Some of the highlights, I don't aways get everything on camera unfortunately. Maybe one day gopro will have a 9 hour battery

Love the video! Not to long either. I seen one of the kids looking down watching.. little rascal's!

Ljs1

I here that the DEUS2s will be first distributed in the uk , than the US , the question I have if your going to hunt with the Deus2 next week , were you selected by Deus Company to test ? If not how are you getting one so soon , before all on pre-order ? IN THE US . PLEASE feel free to post a pick on here of your Deus2 , thanks , Earl

LJ

Why is it so many down under wear so much low carat gold? Just asking... What are you getting your new detector?

I here that the DEUS2s will be first distributed in the uk , than the US , the question I have if your going to hunt with the Deus2 next week , were you selected by Deus Company to test ? If not how are you getting one so soon , before all on pre-order ? IN THE US . PLEASE feel free to post a pick on here of your Deus2 , thanks , Earl

I wasn't selected, I just pre ordered and got in early enough that mine was on the first pallet over here. Some other Aussie hunters over east already have them.

LJ

Why is it so many down under wear so much low carat gold? Just asking... What are you getting your new detector?

It's because we following the british standards of 9k or 18k for most of our gold. By weight I've found a similar amount of each.

Tracking is saying my package is going arrive in 2 days. Pretty damn excited for a new toy!

It's because we following the british standards of 9k or 18k for most of our gold. By weight I've found a similar amount of each.

Tracking is saying my package is going arrive in 2 days. Pretty damn excited for a new toy!

I am looking forward to your videos..

:dingding: That's a lot of great targets for 3 hunts - congrats!

One thing I haven't seen advertised much but I can confirm, is the bone conductive headphones are extra, but it's a reasonable price. I paid $149AUD for mine which convets to about $110USD keeping mind we pay 10% GST tax in that.

One thing I haven't seen advertised much but I can confirm, is the bone conductive headphones are extra, but it's a reasonable price. I paid $149AUD for mine which convets to about $110USD keeping mind we pay 10% GST tax in that.

Interesting and a good question to ask about the Bone phones..So now it's 1700 without taxs.. ?

I think you did the right thing buying one, with diving and 5 year warranty. Hard to beat..

Interesting and a good question to ask about the Bone phones..So now it's 1700 without taxs.. ?

I think you did the right thing buying one, with diving and 5 year warranty. Hard to beat..

I figure if I don't like it I can resell for most of what I paid anyway, I'm not risking much.

The manual states it's certified down to 20m, but at 35m the buttons may depress on their own and the screen malfunction. That gives me some confidence that they have actually dived with it.

I figure if I don't like it I can resell for most of what I paid anyway, I'm not risking much.

The manual states it's certified down to 20m, but at 35m the buttons may depress on their own and the screen malfunction. That gives me some confidence that they have actually dived with it.

Probably sell it for more than you paid for it. Remember when the Nox was first released i got on the early list for two. My friend decided they didn't want one so i told the guy to sell it to the next in line instead of cashing in. People were selling Nox's they bought for $800 for $1200 on feebay.:shock:
You want to hear a funny story? When the Equinox was first coming out one of the main Minelab sellers supposedly ticked ML off. They would send him only a couple at a time. Someone pm'd me about a seller who was getting truckloads. I got mine in about 3 days. Meanwhile the guys using the other guy were bragging how far up the line they were. They were waiting over a month:lol:

LJ... do you wear a full wet suit ? I ask because of those box jellyfish I read about...

LJ... do you wear a full wet suit ? I ask because of those box jellyfish I read about...

No box jellies this far south. We do get stingers though but they just hurt and don't usually leave a mark. I always wear either a full wetsuit or lycra swimsuit to keep the stingers at bay and to keep warm.

I'm lucky in the south end of the state, I just gotta watchout for sharks and blue ring octopus. Up north they have Box jellies, irukandji, tiger sharks and crocodiles at the beaches.

Back
Top Bottom