2021 – My Gold For The Year!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
My Goal for 2021 was 24 golds. I think 2 a month is a realistic expectation for me since I am not retired like some of the pirates on here that are killing it mostly in secret. I did not meet that goal and I will leave my count at 19.5 golds for the year including a return, and a recovery. I will count the designer silver one with gold inlay being the “.5”. (That ring should be a very good sell this year!) I had a banner year for sunglasses (the majority of which have been sold), 3 Apple Watches and 6 iPhones. One watch and 1 iPhone were complete toast - so no ability to sell those. I think I would’ve surpassed my goal had I not been late to get on the board with my 1st gold in March. I also went April & May gold-less. December was hot though and saved my year with 5 golds. I counted 58 silver jewelry items: rings, earrings, chains, pendants, etc. I had 74 hunts for the year which is about average for me. My Clad total was $202.54 which is not too shabby considering I am strictly a water hunter now. The most important thing I found though was the peace and relaxation that metal detecting brought me through a very difficult personal year. May all you meet your goals this year.

Attachments

• 2021 GFTY.jpg
    2021 GFTY.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 171
Well done Felix! I only got 3 gold rings? Fl was kind of tough on most i am pretty sure last year. Covid, gas, food, etc. Not sure i can make it down your way this year? But i am doing a lot more hunting this year. Definitely going to the Gulf. Craig got me scared to go up that way since they got them weird worms that make you wear pantyhose or a set of waders so you don't get the itch:lol:

Well done Felix... you also have to realize you are getting up in years so your numbers will drop from that :lol:

Well done Felix! I only got 3 gold rings? Fl was kind of tough on most i am pretty sure last year. Covid, gas, food, etc. Not sure i can make it down your way this year? But i am doing a lot more hunting this year. Definitely going to the Gulf. Craig got me scared to go up that way since they got them weird worms that make you wear pantyhose or a set of waders so you don't get the itch:lol:

Larry... Captain Silver named them snail maggots... they are like chiggers you don't feel them going in... the thing about these critters is we are not a good host so the die under the skin and the itching begins that can last for a week or more... the welts can be the size of a quarter and you can have 100's of them on your exposed skin.. if you wear a long sleeved shirt, pants and socks they are no issue... I mean you look weird going in water fully dressed but you won't be attacked... where did you come up with panty hose? :lol:

Well done Felix... you also have to realize you are getting up in years so your numbers will drop from that :lol:
And here I thought my my numbers would get a big boost when I retire at 60 in 2 years! :lol:

That's a Great year Felix! And you did that Karma return sure changed your luck!! Hoping 2022 is double!!

All Excalibur?

Not to shabby FTC. I think you got a solid 20 , here's how. As we know the silver/gold combo is a scarce find. You can count it as one or the other , but not both. As in "I found a gold AND a silver ring = 2. No... I choose gold ! As your ring has gold in it , therefore it's a gold ring find. GL this year...

And here I thought my my numbers would get a big boost when I retire at 60 in 2 years! :lol:

I think you will be choosing your hunting time more wisely and gold will increase.
When I first retired I figured I would be hunting all the time, but what I found I hunt less then I did before. The reason.... I can now choose the best times to hunt, with the highest chances of finding gold. Last year I did miss about 6 months, but when I did hunt, it was only about twice a week with about 8 hours total.

That's a Great year Felix! And you did that Karma return sure changed your luck!! Hoping 2022 is double!!

All Excalibur?
Some Noxy mixed in - but mostly Merlin!

On all the gold Felix , a good year :thumbsup: The tennis bracelet EYE BALL FIND :holycow: ? Did your wife get that one :lol::jawdrop:
NOPE!!! But you see the 5 connected ring on the left? You know why it has those clear ring guards? :roll: :lol: (One of my top 3, as far as retail value, rings ever).

My vote is for the grillz. Just found a blackened gold pair of caps/crowns yesterday and they probably somehow survived the crematory since I find cremation tags in the area too.
Man, I need ya to clean my gold! Great job. on both counts.

Back
Top Bottom