Vibration for Minelab Equinox 600/800

greg801

Hello, I am looking for a solution on how to vibrate the Equinox 600/800 detector for a deaf person who will use it underwater. As you know, a deaf person wears hearing aids that are not waterproof and cannot be immersed under water, and in these headphones he is not able to hear the signals, too much hearing loss is about 95dB.

I did a few attempts with a small amplifier and vibration motor from an old cell phone, but there are problems:

- after connecting the system to the Nox800 on the cable, the motor makes a slight buzzing noise but does not react to the metal signal in the coil,

- after connecting the system to the WM08 wireless module, the vibration works great on signals, but unfortunately after the detector is submerged under water, it loses the wireless connection.

- if I connect the headphone (computer) cable to the Noxa800 and at the end of the handset (the signal is heard in the headphones) I cut the cable and solder it to the system, vibration works great on the signals.

Why is it that the vibration does not work directly on the cable and it works through the headphone cable?
Is there anyone on the forum who will cover this topic?

One more thing. The deaf person uses an induction loop instead of headphones, which works with the hearing aid above the water and on the ground.
This loop connected to the detector via the cable is perfect, but when it is connected to the WM08, a buzzing can be heard in the background. How to do it to eliminate interference?

The Nokta Makro has Vibration built into there system ..Get the Simplex + they suppose to have a new detector SMF soon

That's a tough one, and I'm nowhere near educated enough to give a valid response. The only thing I can think of would be to use a diving pinpointer like this: 41xsSGMYbBL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
Hope someone can be of better help to you, good luck out there!

Why is it that the vibration does not work directly on the cable and it works through the headphone cable?
Is there anyone on the forum who will cover this topic?

One more thing. The deaf person uses an induction loop instead of headphones, which works with the hearing aid above the water and on the ground.
This loop connected to the detector via the cable is perfect, but when it is connected to the WM08, a buzzing can be heard in the background. How to do it to eliminate interference?

I'll take a stab at this....Since you did not explain how your direct cable is wired, I will assume there is a difference and it has something to do with your connector and how it is wired instead of the headphone cable.
On the NOX headphone port, there are 3 connection points. Ring, Tip and Sleeve. There a diagram out there but the sleeve is what cuts the external speaker off. You can wire ring and sleeve together, then try it. But either way I would check if there is something wired different on those male connectors. If you have only a 2 ring connector and not a 3, then definitely change it to match.

Otherwise you are on the right track, as I would do something similar. Wire up a cable with a modified M12 90 degree headphone connector then to an amp/vibration motor in a sealed box strapped to the wrist.

As far as your second question on the induction loop. First I have heard of someone using one on a detector but if its fine directly in the detector, then
the module connection is the issue....either ground or something else. Have you tried a simple adapter in line with the loop? Not sure since its not specified but if the loop connector is stereo, maybe try a mono adapter or something like that? Just a guess but maybe something simple will take that buzz out. But then again, your dealing with a wireless magnetic loop that could be interfering with the module or vise versa or causing some back feed. So without knowing more details and specs it is hard to say but hopefully that may help a bit. Good luck.

What about a Bone Phone? I've made a few over the years for divers. You wear it just in front of the ears..under the hood.. easy to make.

Attachments

• DSC_.jpg
    DSC_.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 210
Back
Top Bottom