Pretty penny

grf1868

This has to be the nicest wheatie I’ve ever found.
b857412b0755b5047904f63f0339495d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luv them emerald green patina wheaties. Ok, now it's your job to go find a 1909 S vdb, where the ground was that kind to it !

This is the only 1909 I’ve ever found and it was just last weekend. No “S” and no “VDB” that I can find anyways. Not as pretty but I’ll take it
c055e716153efb5cb23ae8a524531403.jpg

Congrats, very nice wheat, your soil has been kind to it. What state are you in ? The 1909 is also pretty clean. In one hunt, I dug only two cents, a 1909 Ihp and a 1909 VDB. Unfortunately not anywhere near the shape yours are in. Good luck, Mark

:woot: Both of those wheat cents are excellent finds! Thanks for posting!

Congrats, very nice wheat, your soil has been kind to it. What state are you in ? The 1909 is also pretty clean. In one hunt, I dug only two cents, a 1909 Ihp and a 1909 VDB. Unfortunately not anywhere near the shape yours are in. Good luck, Mark

I’m in MA, those pennies came from two different locations, both were in wooded areas with good drainage and nice dry soil. After I got the 1909 cleaned up and could read the date I said to my wife now to find the IHP from the same year. She didn’t share my excitement..lol.. That’s amazing you found both at all, never mind in the same hunt. Digging up wheaties never gets old for me.

So what your saying is we are stuck with all these lousy large cents?

So what your saying is we are stuck with all these lousy large cents? ....

Correct. How else are we supposed to get revenge on you east coast guys ? I mean .... what's fair is fair after all, right ? :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom