Mounting wooden handle on sand scoop. Screw or bolt?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So I bought a Dune Kraken sand scoop for my son's friend to use when we go to the beach (and as a backup in the future)

There's one hole in the handle mount (actually two, front and back). The question is would you guys and gals suggest using a single screw, or a bolt with nut and washer to mount the handle?

Eventually I'll upgrade to a carbon fiber travel handle, but the only one I can "afford" doesn't seem to be too strong and I'd end up with the same mounting question:

link

So I bought a Dune Kraken sand scoop for my son's friend to use when we go to the beach (and as a backup in the future)

There's one hole in the handle mount (actually two, front and back). The question is would you guys and gals suggest using a single screw, or a bolt with nut and washer to mount the handle?

Eventually I'll upgrade to a carbon fiber travel handle, but the only one I can "afford" doesn't seem to be too strong and I'd end up with the same mounting question:

link

Oy! You came to the right person (or kid). Nut all the way, because double the retaining force. Also keep so spares and a screwdriver in your pouch.

Josh

My scoop came with one hole in the area of the scoop and a screw to insert. I used the wood handle for quite some time with no problems with the single screw.

However constantly having the wood handle in the water worked on it and i wound up replacing the handle when it began to creak and groan every time i dug a target.

I use a bolt with a wing nut. You can take the handle off for traveling if needed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom