A new Fisher detector

james45

Elite Member
Has anyone heard any news on the NEW up coming Fisher detector:wow:Its already being tested and might be out this fall????:shock:

Fisher has been dangling a carrot about a new detector for a long time. So, it's about time. Or the carrot dangles. It's all a game.

Has anyone heard any news on the NEW up coming Fisher detector:wow:Its already being tested and might be out this fall????:shock:

Is the rumor that Fisher will have a new detector soon? Or that it's already being tested?

Fisher has been dangling a carrot about a new detector for a long time. So, it's about time. Or the carrot dangles. It's all a game.

I think it took several years for the Impulse to finally make into consumers' hands after its first announcement.

So yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

Forget the AQ. It was something spoken about a lot, for a long time, was slow to come on the scene, and then hasn't had a lot of great reviews or activity about it. Besides, most hobbyists are not into PI detectors.

We need to see something new and not just re-badged in a good VLF model, or even better a VLF SMF device, to compete with models like Garrett's Apex, or a broader-range VLF / LF SMF offering similar to Minelab's Equinox 800 to have frequency options higher than 30 kHz.

Put it in a well-designed and comfortable package like the T2 or F75, or design something new that would be a good physical design to go after those units that are fully waterproof. But no more shuffling between Bounty Hunter and Teknetics and Fisher just to change a label and the name. That's become pretty stale.

Monte

I agree Monte, as I said last week in another thread below-

"mh9162013;3307867....... Garrett ...... focus on the rookies and 'uninitiated.'"
So true, a buddy's bro in law just spent $350 on an ace 400. 😔 It all has to do with marketing and profit. I root for American companies but when they don't compete then they don't deserve my hard earned money solely for being an American company. (That also goes for paying extra for companies selling chinese items with American brand names)
This is one big reason why Japan got such a foot hold in the US auto market. American auto makers were putting out junk in the 70s. Yes it is time for American companies to STEPUP. Yes the auto industry isn't a hobby industry like metal detectors but I hope in the future they're not looked at as junk detectors. When reading the above post more and more serious hobbyist do believe this.
First Texas has so many models that are so similar and basically starter models that are over priced. Their CZ3D is basically the same as it was from over 30 years(?) ago. The F75, also a great detector, is how old and they just update it and add LTD, + etc. Thankfully they're working on one new model. 👍
Garrett did the same updating the pro to the max but has starting truely trying to compete with the apex. 👍
Just as the American auto industry seen they needed to stepup hopefully FT and Garrett will too as far as being competitive in performance as compared to profit.

70"s??? I bought a new pickup in 2000. Beautiful to look at and a great ride when i could keep it out of the shop and its favorite thing to do was stop at a gas station. I thought that i was Buying American and after i got it i found out it was made in Mexico. I finally realized that the repair bills had become more than the payments on a new truck from another company. But that one let me down after 15 years.

I saw a new Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro while perusing ebay last night.

Maybe that is it.

Funforme: said:
I saw a new Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro while perusing ebay last night.

Maybe that is it.
Not even. It's a lower-end model, and has been around or 3½ years or more. Definitely not a newer model release or newer technology.

FTP needs to come out with something truly new and different, and priced at least at $600 and on up to $900 to compete with the big outfits. Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter haven't been in that class for several years now. Minelab, XP, Nokta / Makro and even Garrett are strides ahead of them.

Monte

the Tracker Pro is new. Not even on their website yet. I couldn't find a model they could rebadge/relabel into a Tracker Pro.

I kind of like the new Bounty Hunter Pro series.

Good Luck.

In have seen claims that the low end models sell the most. I have no idea. That could be true. But then I also saw a few great detector companies go belly up in the last couple years. I hope FT releases a winner. It will take something special to get me to give up what I swing now. I have two detectors. I don't want a closet full of dust collectors.

Funforme: said:
the Tracker Pro is new. Not even on their website yet. I couldn't find a model they could rebadge/relabel into a Tracker Pro.

I kind of like the new Bounty Hunter Pro series.
The Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro retails for ±$145. New? Take a look at this video posted in October of 2017, if I recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua1YMuTl6r8

That's about 3½ years ago.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom