• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gold Cross & Versace Sunglasses! Don’t Leave Home Without It!!!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I had a hunt on Wednesday that I left work early for and it was just horribly sanded in with few targets. The wind had changed the last couple of days and the conditions were going to be calm, so I went back to the scene of the crime. (I really spent some time mulling my detecting options since there was a plus tide and I only had 1 hour before the tide would start to come in). I found conditions to be totally different when I arrived before sunrise. I was getting more targets than on Wednesday and even with the plus tide the much calmer water made it workable. I was working a nice area after an hour into the 4+ hour hunt when I look in the scoop and see the gold cross :dingding:. (It felt light and I couldn’t see any markings at the time though). The junk sunglasses would come next. At about the 2.5 hour mark I found the mystery coin clump and I knew to work that area. That’s when the junk Cartier showed up near shore. It felt a little light, but I thought it might still be good. The Versace sunglasses came in the last hour of the hunt and when I first pulled them up, I thought “what God-awful tacky junk”. :bling: When I saw the “Versace” on the inside of the frames I immediately changed my tune of course!!! :whistle::gimmy:

At home, I examined the finds carefully and was able to discern with my jeweler’s glasses the “CZ 10K” on the cross so it was awesome to have that reaffirmed. They are damaged on the back which is too bad as they would’ve sold for over melt for sure. The Versace’s lenses are scratched but that doesn’t matter as they will sell for a nice amount. And what could’ve been the find of the day is slightly attracted to a magnet, so the Cartier is a no-go. :roll: The Wheatie was my 1st for the year. Not a bad day at the beach at all :good:

EDIT: The circular tag was zip tied to a clear plastic bag that was torn and had lots of sand in it. I had ripped the tag off and thrown out the plastic bag at the beach. I looked it up and it is a crematory tag so it will be going back offshore in the area that I found it.

Attachments

• 4-18-21.jpg
    4-18-21.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 826
  • 4-18-21 Cross.jpg
    4-18-21 Cross.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 814
  • 4-18-21 Versace 1.jpg
    4-18-21 Versace 1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 797
  • 4-18-21 Versace 2.jpg
    4-18-21 Versace 2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 806
  • 4-18-21 Foreign.jpg
    4-18-21 Foreign.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 833
  • 4-18-21 Sunglasses.jpg
    4-18-21 Sunglasses.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 799
  • 4-18-21 Junk Cartier.jpg
    4-18-21 Junk Cartier.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 804
  • 4-14-21 Mask.jpg
    4-14-21 Mask.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 801
Nice Felix...

Im sure when you open the speedo shop Earl be your best customer... those who talk about them so much are really saying they want them :yes:

I can see it now... Earl riding his Harley to Bike week in speedo's and leather chaps:lol:

Cfm-ct/ Felix

Nice Felix...

Im sure when you open the speedo shop Earl be your best customer... those who talk about them so much are really saying they want them

I can see it now... Earl riding his Harley to Bike week in speedo's and leather chaps Felix , I need 6 ray ban , 2 purple speedo , chop chop :money::lol:

Last edited:
Felix... you have your first order to fulfill do you have everything in stock? :lol:

He'll No

Can't trust you , for 2 years I asked for Miami eye Candy & you came up dry , Steve & you can do a speedo model show fun raiser for stock before the grand opening :police::pullhair::pirate:

Well

Felix , I am thinking of canceling my order , when Is the Grand opening chop chop , my only pair of Sunrays broke , the stem , got use out of these since 2014 , :( don't know were i can get a stem , RB3293 003/8g is all i can make out on the broken stem .

Attachments

• P1010289.jpg
    P1010289.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 469
Did you look closely at those top 2 earrings. They look pretty good too me. Could be gold over silver or gold..check those posts....

Did you look closely at those top 2 earrings. They look pretty good too me. Could be gold over silver or gold..check those posts....
1st thing I do is take out my magnet. If they pass that test then its jeweler's loupe.

1st thing I do is take out my magnet. If they pass that test then its jeweler's loupe.

Yup, you can't trust those imprints. Heck, our lapidary club has a set of every marking you want. I can stamp 24k on a piece of lead :lol:

Congrats on the Versace glasses and the cross. Really dig the cross, to be honest. :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom