• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First 15 minutes with my new Equinox 800. UNBELIEVABLE

Jostens, that is a school yearbook and memento company. It may be some kind of class ring. Super find for sure!

Nice! Uber sweet ring, my friend. What other detectors have you taken to that location?

I took my Makro Gold Kruzer for its first park run yesterday, having only hit my own front yard so far. Got the Kruzer and the Tesoro to get myself back into detecting two months ago. The Kruzer found a few things the Tesoro didnt. Found maybe 10 clad coins yesterday but nothing special, and no silver or jewelry at all so far. I did however spend about 3 solid hours at the park yesterday. My time with the Tesoro was shorter and less focused. The park is a former schoolyard and the school is still there, built in the 1940s I think. Construction on our neighborhood began in the 20's so it stands to reason that there should be silver somewhere there. I found ZILCH... and I was running my discriminator as low as 50 at times, but usually up around 69. Pull tabs hit around 80-81. They were usually the 1970's type and near the school.

I get the impression a whole lot of landscaping has occurred around that school through the years. It hasn't actually been used as a school since 1974. At that time they started transforming the whole area into a Park and Community Center.

Are there any more details you can tell us or show us about your park? I'd be curious. Unless you live right down the road from someone I doubt you'd be giving anything away by sharing a little more about the nature and history of it

now that you got the kiss of death out of the way, don't expect many more hunts like that on the regular although i wish you do.... My VERY first hunt with the 800 found me a nice 14k necklace. Something neither my CTX or Excal EVER found in many yrs of heavy hunting. Haven't found fine jewelry since... :( 3 yrs and counting.

Back
Top Bottom