A simple idea for your shop/tape measure

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I had one these crossbar things that you use in an electrical box to mount a ceiling fan,etc. I screwed it on the wall in my shop and the belt clip on the tape measures fit perfectly on it. You can mount it wherever you want to keep a tape measure handy.

Attachments

• IMG_09052021_160917_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    IMG_09052021_160917_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 293
I had one these crossbar things that you use in an electrical box to mount a ceiling fan,etc. I screwed it on the wall in my shop and the belt clip on the tape measures fit perfectly on it. You can mount it wherever you want to keep a tape measure handy.

My dad will SO love you for telling us this hack... :laughing:

Josh

My wife loves to get new light fixtures and I must have 20 of those things scattered about my garage. Guess I need to get about 17 more tape measures and make a wall of them. I'll still manage to lose them but that's just me.

I have a 10ft measure in my kitchen "everything" drawer, a 16ftr on my bureau, a 50ft roll tape on my workbench and a yardstick behind the basement door at the top of the stairs...for "good measure" :ewink:

I have a 10ft measure in my kitchen "everything" drawer, a 16ftr on my bureau, a 50ft roll tape on my workbench and a yardstick behind the basement door at the top of the stairs...for "good measure" :ewink:

Hey, I'm going to write that down for "dad jokes to tell when I grow up" journal! :lol:

Josh

I had a junk drawer that grew into a junk house.. I really need to work on cleaning up this place, but then I see my detector and........

Neat idea, thanks for sharing !!!!

I likely have one of those hardware pieces around .......somewhere :lol: just need to find it.

I had a junk drawer that grew into a junk house.. I really need to work on cleaning up this place, but then I see my detector and........

:laughing:

......not quite a junk house here, but more like a couple spare rooms that kinda grew into junk rooms :lol:

Yep, I'm determined to get more organized and have less clutter but it's not a quick project, just have to tackle it a little at a time, and you know what they say about all work and no play, so of course we all still need to take our metal detectors out for play time occasionally :lol:

Back
Top Bottom