Treasure hunting in Fort Pierce, Florida

How old are you? Should be lots of units in 55+ retirement communities.

Such parks are a mix of manufactured homes, rv sites and short term park model rentals.

I think you are detecting an area that is way over detected and to many laws to follow. Move and spend more for lodging and probably get some decent targets.
But in any case, Good Luck!

Emerald

Beach , hunt their , be on the lookout not for coins , but Emerald in the wash , seen 2 nice size when I hunted , but not fast enough to grab them before they disappeared , that day , if I would have had the Sugar sand scoop with me , I might have brought one home , they disappear quick , 3 to 4 second window to grab.!

Last edited:
CHUCK! DON’T DO IT!

Back slowly away from the window and pour yourself a nice cool glass of Mug Root Beer. The one root beer with true draft taste. Mug Old Fashioned Root Beer. You haven’t tasted root beer like this in years!

:cool3:

R5

John ... its a different time right now. The housing markets is NUTS.... signs arent getting in the yard, multi offers, and people from up North are buying sight unseen. Lot of those rentals are starting to go on the market. Homes are hard to find to rent. We discussed selling..... but looked around in our area its not cheap... especially if you want to be anywhere near the water now. Thats odd since we got a limited amount of snow birds this years. Some of the 55 and over communities are limiting the 4 sale signs and dont really want rentals with the home sales booming.

Hi Dewcon

Thanks for the update. We have a manufactured home in Sebring where we winter but did not go down this winter. Looking forward to getting back.

Nearest beach for me is Vero Beach. But i only recently took up this hobby so have not tried my luck yet.

Dew

Agree , checked with a realtor on Friday , the place I was interested in went up for sale Thursday , I went up for a loan Thursday , bank said a week , He called Friday evening and told me the place has been sold, I said it shows it's up for grabs on realitor.com , he said people are paying CASH for property , the guy can't wire the money down till Monday , he said the market is nuts , I know why :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing: , looks like Ill be here for a while , I went all in on a Delaware place , starting to regret it :(

Agree , checked with a realtor on Friday , the place I was interested in went up for sale Thursday , I went up for a loan Thursday , bank said a week , He called Friday evening and told me the place has been sold, I said it shows it's up for grabs on realitor.com , he said people are paying CASH for property , the guy can't wire the money down till Monday , he said the market is nuts , I know why :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing: , looks like Ill be here for a while , I went all in on a Delaware place , starting to regret it :(

I don't know why , but I thought you were somewhere along the Texas coast.

John, had family in Siebring for a few years and hunted the area lakes as well as some of the old parks out of town. Met Gil (mod) there and did a good bit of hunting with him. Theres still some silver in some of those spots. Is Vero closer than say Clearwater or Siesta? I know they come down at least once a year and hunt there.

Chuck .... nice location.... who knows what might pop out.

1715 Gold

John, had family in Siebring for a few years and hunted the area lakes as well as some of the old parks out of town. Met Gil (mod) there and did a good bit of hunting with him. Theres still some silver in some of those spots. Is Vero closer than say Clearwater or Siesta? I know they come down at least once a year and hunt there.

Chuck .... nice location.... who knows what might pop out.

Thanks for the encouragement, I am here to hunt for 1715 goodies. Been having a lot of problems but solving them one by one.

Chuck

Tulip bulb craze of the 1600's, Beanie Babies of the 80's?

I was toying with the idea of buying a condo here but after seeing what is going on, No, No, No! I don't buy when there is a buying panic.

Chuck

No way i would want to buy now. People are getting into bidding wars over property, going up instead of down on prices!

I like Sebring because i hate the coastal traffic and crowds. Went to the Tampa Bay/
Clearwater area once, probably won't go again.

On the east coast of Florida the stretch between Melbourne and Ft. Pierce is pleasant. I also love the Keys.

Good Decision

Why , go to realitor.com , Click on - Fort Pierce , click on crime , that's one of the highest crime area's in Florida , watch your back, I liked Melbourne Beach Florida 20 miles North , If I had your cash , on the bay side off A1A in Melbourne Beach , park your boat on the water in back of your house , The treasure coast begins in South Melbourne --- Sebastian--Vero --Ft Pierce , Happy hunting .

Problems

Why , go to realitor.com , Click on - Fort Pierce , click on crime , that's one of the highest crime area's in Florida , watch your back, I liked Melbourne Beach Florida 20 miles North , If I had your cash , on the bay side off A1A in Melbourne Beach , park your boat on the water in back of your house , The treasure coast begins in South Melbourne --- Sebastian--Vero --Ft Pierce , Happy hunting .

At first, we stayed at a motel. It had a lot of down and out people. We didn't understand why they sat in front of their unit in plastic chairs what seemed like all day long. After a few days we asked an employee who said "most" were living there with the government paying their way.

Not a pretty picture.

Chuck

WoW

Well if you don't like the East Coast , I was looking at Port Charlotte Florida realitor.com Port Charlotte -- waterfront-- canal access to the Gulf, however they go quick lots , and houses , seems like everyone is moving their , A few down falls , hurricanes, storm serge, red tide, flesh eating bacteria , tornados , crocks , snakes , biting insects , and flood zones 10/10 to deal with , I was looking , but can't swing it now , as I went all in on Delaware close to the beach , the only down fall, I have to tow my Tidewater 252 to the ramps :roll: , Earl Ps , I don't know if your hunting , but i was down their hunting both times in MAY, 2010 2 weeks , 2013 3 weeks , that month is bad for finding 1715 fleet items , not much sand movement ,the winter months are best, I also figured that if your not a local , that can jump right out on the beach after a storm for your best chances to find something , your out of luck, have a good time , good night , Earl

Last edited:
CHUCK! DON’T DO IT!

Back slowly away from the window and pour yourself a nice cool glass of Mug Root Beer. The one root beer with true draft taste. Mug Old Fashioned Root Beer. You haven’t tasted root beer like this in years!

:cool3:

R5

I'll pick this fight... Barqs root beer all the way!:lol: It has bite!

why Ft Pierce area?

Well if you don't like the East Coast , I was looking at Port Charlotte Florida realitor.com Port Charlotte -- waterfront-- canal access to the Gulf, however they go quick lots , and houses , seems like everyone is moving their , A few down falls , hurricanes, storm serge, red tide, flesh eating bacteria , tornados , crocks , snakes , biting insects , and flood zones 10/10 to deal with , I was looking , but can't swing it now , as I went all in on Delaware close to the beach , the only down fall, I have to tow my Tidewater 252 to the ramps :roll: , Earl Ps , I don't know if your hunting , but i was down their hunting both times in MAY, 2010 2 weeks , 2013 3 weeks , that month is bad for finding 1715 fleet items , not much sand movement ,the winter months are best, I also figured that if your not a local , that can jump right out on the beach after a storm for your best chances to find something , your out of luck, have a good time , good night , Earl

I am not looking for the "best place in Florida"

I am only here to hunt for 1715 goodies.

Chuck

PS I have my own solutions how to over come the odds

Good luck

Like I said MAY is not good , winter months when the erosion hits is best, I hunted with the Excalibur 10 inch 1st time , did find 1- 18k ring, did better the 2nd time in 2013 with the Pi , targets are deep, 1715 fleet items are 3 foot under Chuck this time of year , I hunted every day 8 hours a day down their ,you will find a lot of ship iron , aluminum, you might find a few copper spikes , I herd they are replenishing the beaches down their to , however you could get lucky and find a stray , happy hunting . ps See if you can get Scoundrel out hunting , he was one of the divers that found the 6 million in gold, he retired , but hunts the beaches now, he is on here , If there is any 1715 fleet treasure this time of year , he knows were to find it , Earl

Back
Top Bottom